Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BYAM High School

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 10:21 pm
I am a parent at BYAM but do not have a kid in 8th grade yet.

Did anyone go to their open house tonight? Was it mainly byam parents or a decent amount of other schools as well?

Is the high school going to be in same or different building than elementary school?

What were their selling points or anything unique planned?

I wish them much Hatzlocha and can’t wait to see how it will turn out!

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 10:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am a parent at BYAM but do not have a kid in 8th grade yet.

Did anyone go to their open house tonight? Was it mainly byam parents or a decent amount of other schools as well?

Is the high school going to be in same or different building than elementary school?

What were their selling points or anything unique planned?

I wish them much Hatzlocha and can’t wait to see how it will turn out!

I didn’t go, and I don’t have any info, but I assume the high school will be in their current building. That was part of the building campaign a few years ago.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 11:27 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I didn’t go, and I don’t have any info, but I assume the high school will be in their current building. That was part of the building campaign a few years ago.

I went to their dinners and don’t remember ever hearing about a high school being in the building.

When they announced the highschool last spring I asked someone who works in the administration if it will be in the building snd he told me the details are still being ironed out…

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 6:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I went to their dinners and don’t remember ever hearing about a high school being in the building.

When they announced the highschool last spring I asked someone who works in the administration if it will be in the building snd he told me the details are still being ironed out…

I could be wrong, but when they had that 24 hour campaign a few years back to buy the building, and they had all the plans of what the renovated building would look like, I thought the high school was included in the plans. I could be wrong though.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 12:27 pm
I heard that it is in fact being in the main building which does make the most sense from a financial standpoint.

Anyone know if most of the girls in the current 8th grade plan on staying? Is there any interest from BBY or TAG girls to come?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 2:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I heard that it is in fact being in the main building which does make the most sense from a financial standpoint.

Anyone know if most of the girls in the current 8th grade plan on staying? Is there any interest from BBY or TAG girls to come?

I know this years 9th graders (meaning they were in BYAM 8th grade last year) had a very hard time at both TAG and BBY. I don’t know how many girls either school took in the end, but I don’t think it was a lot.

STMommy

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 3:00 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I know this years 9th graders (meaning they were in BYAM 8th grade last year) had a very hard time at both TAG and BBY. I don’t know how many girls either school took in the end, but I don’t think it was a lot.

A hard time in what way?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 3:15 pm
STMommy wrote:
A hard time in what way?

I decided to delete what I wrote, and I’m going today stop commenting on this thread. I don’t want to say anything and about any school, and I don’t want to be identified, or have others identified because of me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics