Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tuition prices in South Florida

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 10:38 am
I am hoping to move to South Florida and really trying to find out how much people pay for tuition in schools. not how much the school asks for, but how much people actually pay.
Please please post if you know- my move depends on thos numbers!

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 10:55 am
Oorah might give scholarships

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 10:56 am
My kids are already in yeshiva in the tri state area, I don’t think we would qualify

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 11:15 am
Are you eligible for step up (income based scholarship from the state)? I only have experience with my own kids schools but I think they are happy to help those who really need help. They are not as forthcoming with families in a high income bracket.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 11:18 am
Yes I think we would qualify - would you be ok telling me how much you pay, just so I know, I feel like “helpful” is relative. I would be a family of 8 and our I come would be around $75,000

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 12:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes I think we would qualify - would you be ok telling me how much you pay, just so I know, I feel like “helpful” is relative. I would be a family of 8 and our I come would be around $75,000

Ok so for example we have a few kids in one school. Step up pays around 7000 per child and the school gives us an additional scholarship per child, which we applied for using their application. We end up paying approximately 4000 per child. I'm sure each family has its own calculation but this is what we are paying now. I don't have any kids in HS and they might be tougher in terms of tuition, I don't know.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 21 2020, 12:46 pm
Sounds great- anyone on here know about the high schools? I would have boys and girls

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 4:28 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Ok so for example we have a few kids in one school. Step up pays around 7000 per child and the school gives us an additional scholarship per child, which we applied for using their application. We end up paying approximately 4000 per child. I'm sure each family has its own calculation but this is what we are paying now. I don't have any kids in HS and they might be tougher in terms of tuition, I don't know.

Cyan, what is your family size and income if you don’t mind sharing?

And what’s considered a higher income bracket? It’s sometimes not giving you more disposable income if you have insurance from work with copays and deductibles vs Medicaid, and no food stamps…

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 5:48 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
Cyan, what is your family size and income if you don’t mind sharing?

And what’s considered a higher income bracket? It’s sometimes not giving you more disposable income if you have insurance from work with copays and deductibles vs Medicaid, and no food stamps…

I have three school age kids. Our income is low six figures. Our goal is to move up in life income wise, not to stay below a certain line forever so we can get benefits.

shaqued_almond

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 7:02 pm
It's probably best if you speak to the school directly about discounts. If you're able you could homeschool too. There's a Jewish homeschooling group now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating