Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Homemade salt beef

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 2:40 pm
I have plate de cote also known as brisket and I'mt thinking I'm going to make tomorrow from this brisket corned beef. I have pickle spices and everything. But I'm unsure about the salt. I just have really fine salt not big grain kosher salt. I also hope it will work out well. Anyone else have done it?

naomi2

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:57 pm
You need pink salt. Not Himalayan but the saltpeter that will turn the meat pink. If you have that you can Google a recipe

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:59 pm
I've made it without salt Peter. Just omitted it and beef was brown when cooked not pink but tasted great.
https://www.foodnetwork.com/re.....47363
You can also add some beet juice instead for color.

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 11:58 am
Ok did everyone used the homemade corned beef recipe of spice and spirit? I use that one now but it doesn't say put it in the water.... I just started to make it today I'm afraid I will mess up.

naomi2

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 6:21 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Ok did everyone used the homemade corned beef recipe of spice and spirit? I use that one now but it doesn't say put it in the water.... I just started to make it today I'm afraid I will mess up.

I didn't know they had a recipe for that in the purple cookbook. I just read it very carefully and the recipe does not call for water. Just put the salt, sugar and spices on and keep it in a bag in the fridge with no air bubbles and during the 2 weeks liquid from the meat will
one out and mix with the dry ingredients. Just leave it as is and After it is cured for 2 weeks, you may boil it in water
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics