Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to start a diet together with me?
  1  2  3  15  16  17  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 11:23 pm
And we should post every night everything we ate?
I’d love to start Sunday. I can’t decide which program to follow. No sugar no white flour is enough if I want to lose 50 lbs? What else should I cut?
All suggestions and competitors welcome!
I want to do this!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 12:31 am
I will join you. I have a nutritionist am going by that.

amother
Melon

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 12:32 am
What works depends on the cause of your weight gain to begin with.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 12:40 am
amother [ SandyBrown ] wrote:
I will join you. I have a nutritionist am going by that.

Does she allow you to share the plan?

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 12:55 am
Calorie deficit

Multiply
Your ideal weight goal multiply it by 12 and that’s the amount of calories you should eat a day
Don’t need to cut out any food groups just eat clean
And keep to calorie Intake
And if you want to save some more calories for weekend cut some each day and then enjoy more over Shabbos

amother
RosePink

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 1:33 am
Right now I'm already considering to do the sleeve . My friends had all done it, and I see amazing results. It's the only magical way to become skinny. My friend did the sleeve 8 weeks ago and she already looks amazing . She bh had a very easy recovery. And she looks great! And so do I know other people that have done it and look amazing ... bh I'm scheduled already and looking forward to becoming the size of my dream!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 4:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does she allow you to share the plan?

It's really easy. It's cutting down on a lot of fat and eating more protein, vegetables or fruit and fiber.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 4:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And we should post every night everything we ate?
I’d love to start Sunday. I can’t decide which program to follow. No sugar no white flour is enough if I want to lose 50 lbs? What else should I cut?
All suggestions and competitors welcome!
I want to do this!

Me!
Wow, this is exactly what I need right now.
Let's share our starting weight.
We weigh every Friday (I like to do that because shabbos I don't keep my diet religiously)
Each day we write down what we ate that day.
Im starting the keto diet. will way myself later today iyh
LET'S DO THIS!

amother
Offwhite

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 7:24 am
I'm in. I started and I lost several pounds but I had a few setbacks and gained a little back. Not too bad, I guess, but disheartening. I really could use the support. I have 35-45 lbs to lose.

I've been doing keto/intermittent fasting. It's the only diet that keeps me feeling satiated and I feel like I have much more energy.

My problem usually is that *something* usually happens and throws me off and I don't have time to shop properly, or cook properly, and I go back to eating garbage and junk and have a hard time no getting back on track.

I hope having support and accountability will help!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 7:30 am
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
I'm in. I started and I lost several pounds but I had a few setbacks and gained a little back. Not too bad, I guess, but disheartening. I really could use the support. I have 35-45 lbs to lose.

I've been doing keto/intermittent fasting. It's the only diet that keeps me feeling satiated and I feel like I have much more energy.

My problem usually is that *something* usually happens and throws me off and I don't have time to shop properly, or cook properly, and I go back to eating garbage and junk and have a hard time no getting back on track.

I hope having support and accountability will help!

What is intermittent fasting?

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 7:32 am
I'd love to join! I only have 10-15 lbs to lose but I'm having trouble getting started. I lost 30lbs on weight watchers before.
I want to try to stick to high fruits and veg, high protein, low fat, and low sugar.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 10:29 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Me!
Wow, this is exactly what I need right now.
Let's share our starting weight.
We weigh every Friday (I like to do that because shabbos I don't keep my diet religiously)
Each day we write down what we ate that day.
Im starting the keto diet. will way myself later today iyh
LET'S DO THIS!

I like the idea of weighing every Friday.
I’m starting Sunday so my starting weight I’ll post Sunday and then go to fridays from there.
My only issue is I still didn’t decide on an exact eating plan.
Can someone explain exactly how intermittent fasting works? Like give me one day exactly how to follow that.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 10:34 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I'd love to join! I only have 10-15 lbs to lose but I'm having trouble getting started. I lost 30lbs on weight watchers before.
I want to try to stick to high fruits and veg, high protein, low fat, and low sugar.

Do you mean no carbs at all. No whole wheat stuff?

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 10:43 am
I'm in!
I'm 5 mos pregnant BH so not going to restrict any food groups. Just no white sugar or white flour, and lots of protein.
I'm going to track my weight privately.
Thanks for the motivation!
Can't wait to start Sunday!

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 10:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you mean no carbs at all. No whole wheat stuff?

Sorry forgot to add low carb. I dont do whole wheat bec I hate it but try to limit my portions for carb/ try to have meals without carbs. (And by carbs I mean processed carbs like bread, rice, etc bec I am fine with fruit.)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 10:58 am
Ok I’m really excited to start with the support group here.
I hope to do exercise as well but first I need to diet a bit to get motivated for that as well.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 11:28 am
Same here!
Good Shabbos everyone

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 11:30 am
This definitely helped motivate me!

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 12:03 pm
I'll join. I'm already on a program called the mommy tummy fix.
The basic rules are: no refined sugar, no eating after 9pm, 5 servings of fruit and vegetables per day(which I suck at) and 30 minutes of LISS cardio per day.
I also do no carbs except oatmeal, sweet potato, quinoa and fruit.
I have 20 lbs to lose let's see how this goes.

ETA there are also progressing core workouts as part of the program but that's really more about rehabbing your core after pregnancy not so much losing weight.

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 12:37 pm
I actually just started a diet on Monday, I’m 4 months pp and am thoroughly fed up with counting and limiting myself so I just came up with my own plan of what I think will work for me. I have at least 50 lbs to lose but I’m taking it slowly
Up to 3 servings of carbs a day only whole grain or sourdough
2 fruits
Lots of veggies
Unlimited protein
Healthy fats unlimited bit not pigging out (avocado, salmon, olive oil, coconut oil etc)
If I do want to use Mayo, then that day I can’t have any other fats
Sugar free, I like sugarless sweetener
That’s basically it, Let’s see if it’ll work for me
I made some healthy muffins from dinner done that I tweaked slightly, some baked applesauce and just all in all try to eat a lot of protein
Any input on my plan? Think I’ll lose like this?
Page 1 of 17   1  2  3  15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise