Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Going rate for Professional Apartment 1500 sf, heart of BP?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 11:17 am
Whats the going rate for a Professional Apartment, 1500 sf, in the heart of BP, off 13th avenue, nr stores and all buses and trains?

Where are the best places to advertise a Professional apartment? Hamodia? Jewish Press?

tia

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 2:20 pm
bump

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 2:24 pm
What do you mean by a professional apartment?
How many rooms and bathrooms? How many flights? Front or back? These factors all make a big difference

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 2:39 pm
Thanks!

chili-n-cholent wrote:
What do you mean by a professional apartment?

Apartment Id like to rent to a Dr or Dentist or established business, for business use only.

chili-n-cholent wrote:
How many rooms and bathrooms?

About 5 rooms, 2 bathrooms, 1500 sf.

chili-n-cholent wrote:
How many flights?

Its a few steps up. What they call in BP a "walk-up" apartment.

chili-n-cholent wrote:
Front or back?

Front and back, entire floor.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 2:59 pm
What is the zoning?

When you rent to a commercial entity it is a completely different kind of lease. Most offices have to build the interior space to make it work. This is especially true for a medical practice. You wouid probably be wise to use a commercial broker who knows exactly what the terms should be including the length of the lease.

A doctor isn’t going to want a one or even a two year lease. Also stairs might limit who would rent since doctors might need accessibility for people who can’t climb stairs.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 3:02 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
What is the zoning?

When you rent to a commercial entity it is a completely different kind of lease. Most offices have to build the interior space to make it work. This is especially true for a medical practice. You wouid probably be wise to use a commercial broker who knows exactly what the terms should be including the length of the lease.

A doctor isn’t going to want a one or even a two year lease. Also stairs might limit who would rent since doctors might need accessibility for people who can’t climb stairs.

This house was built with this apartment as a "Legal Professional apartment". A Dr used an identical apartment next door for many years until the owner needed the apartment.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 3:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This house was built with this apartment as a "Legal Professional apartment". A Dr used an identical apartment next door for many years until the owner needed the apartment.

Still a commercial lease is just not the same as a residential lease as there are different terms and it operates under different regulations.

The rent is really just one aspect.

I am not an expert but I did get involved peripherally when my company relocated to a new office and I would have discussions with my friend who was very involved in the lease. Granted your small office would not be as complicated but there are still issues because involving length of the lease because commercial leases are longer and who handles utilities and repairs because those are handled differently than residential leases.

You would be wise to at least talk to a commercial broker who can at least let you know the facts and so you can decide how to proceed.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 8:40 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Still a commercial lease is just not the same as a residential lease as there are different terms and it operates under different regulations.

The rent is really just one aspect.

I am not an expert but I did get involved peripherally when my company relocated to a new office and I would have discussions with my friend who was very involved in the lease. Granted your small office would not be as complicated but there are still issues because involving length of the lease because commercial leases are longer and who handles utilities and repairs because those are handled differently than residential leases.

You would be wise to at least talk to a commercial broker who can at least let you know the facts and so you can decide how to proceed.

Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries