Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
ISO easy 'different' supper ideas

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 5:47 pm
Title says it all.
Please add recipes or exact directions.
Bonus points if it's kid friendly.
Go!
TIA

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 5:50 pm
I love this recipe!

saute a few cloves garlic in olive oil
add half a bag of frozen spinach
salt
pepper
let it cook for 25 mins
I add heavy cream (however much you want)
cook for another 15 mins

and mix with pasta

spinach pasta is our fave!
can eat with salmon too

Perrys

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 5:51 pm
General Tao chicken

https://betweencarpools.com/9x.....-pan/

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:51 pm
Cranberry Meatballs and Spaghetti

Mix chopped meat with ketchup, garlic powder, black pepper, egg, breadcrumbs. Roll into small balls and fill up 9X13. Pour a can of cranberry sauce and tomato sauce. Baked covered for 45-1 1/2 hours. Serve with spaghetti.

Chicken Poppers

Cut chicken cutlets into small pieces. Dip in egg and spices and then into breadcrumbs/panko crumbs. Line on baking sheet and bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Mix honey and hot sauce and pour over the baked chicken.

Now that it's the winter, you can make soups and put them in the crockpot or freeze and pull out whenever you need them.

Some ideas:

Butternut Squash- peel and cut up butternut squash, put in pot with some water, let the butternut squash cook, add spices, and puree.

Cream of Broccoli/Cauliflower

French Onion- Saute a bunch of onions, add milk and water once onions are golden. Let it simmer and add some spices.

Vegetable- Saute Onion, add cut up zucchini, squash, carrots, celery, etc. and add water, spices and garlic cloves. Once the veggies are cooked, puree in pot.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:56 pm
Noddles
beef
sesame oil
Soy sauce
Garlic
Sweetener
Sriracha
Yum

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:07 am
Yum.
Thanks.
Any more ideas?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:46 am
Chicken and brocolli
Sauté chicken, add 3/4 cup chicken broth 2 T soy sauce 1 Honey, 1 garlic clove 1 ginger clove, let it cook for 10 minutes . Add brocolli let cook additional 5 minutes.
Make mixture 1/4 cup chicken broth 2 tsp corn starch and add to pot. Stir till thickens a bit.
Serve with rice.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:48 am
Miso soup
One pot dinner:
Sauté an onion 3 carrots 3 celery. Add 10 cups water . 4 chicken bottoms. Cook for 2 hours. Shred the chicken and add it back in. Add noodles or spaghetti and cook for 15 minutes. Meanwhile scoop out 1 cup
Of the soup, add 2 T miso paste and dissolve. When noodles are almost done cooking add in the miso mixture and food 2 hours.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:49 am
Honey garlic chicken
Coat chicken nuggets in flour. Make a mixture of honey soy sauce and garlic, pour over chicken. Add veggies like brocolli or snap peas or mushrooms, bake for 25 minutes.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:55 am
Chicken and mushrooms, over breaded eggplant:

Coat chicken cubes I.ln Flour salt and pepper. Fry chicken. Remove from pot and set aside.
Add 2 o onions 8 oz mushrooms sliced and sauté 10 minutes. add 4 cloves garlic and 1 1/2 cups chicken stock. Add chicken and cook till most water has evaporated.
Prepare breaded eggplant according to package instructions. Serve the chicken over the eggplants.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:56 am
Ramen noodle chicken.
Blend ramen noodles so it’s slightly crushed. Add in the flavor packet. Dip chicken cutlets I. Flour egg and ramen noodle mixture. Fry till golden.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 1:04 am
Falafel crusted chickpeas from Miriam Pascal's cookbook (or roasted chickpeas)
But give them the falafel treatment- serve with pitas, Israeli salad, pickles, techina, chummus, fries

tweety1

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 1:35 pm
Osem falafel ball mix. Add water. More than what the package tells you to. It has to be a dipping consistency. Dip dark chicken cutlets into mixture. Fry.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 10:22 pm
Baked halved potato with salt oil and spices. Roasted cut side down. Served alongside prepared tuna, cottage cheese, fresh veggy platter and sour pickles, sometimes olives and baby corn and hearts of palm

Pasta Puttanesca
Make spaghetti and serve with this sauce:.
Sautee a few anchovies, some drained capers, kalamata olives, garlic, and red pepper flakes, add a can of crushed tomatoes and summer a short while. Combine with spaghetti and serve

Refried beans
Sautee a large onion
Mash canned pinto beans and most of their liquid. Add this to the pan and cook until it thickens. Serve over rice with some feta cheese and a fresh cucumber and tomato salad on the side

Sheet pan gnocchi and meatballs
Make tiny meatballs with one lb meat, some breadcrumbs, seasoning and an egg. Pit in on a sheet pan with a package of raw gnocchi, a diced onion, garlic, a container of cherry tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and some red wine vinegar mix to coat evenly and bake on 400 till the gnocchi are golden brown on the bottom and the cherry tomatoes are soft. This is a very versatile recipe, you can add or sub many ingredients.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:53 am
Following

Oldest

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 10:05 am
All in the Pan "Stir Fry"
Cut chicken into nuggets
coat with flour
Put into a 9x13 with whatever veggies you like in a stir fry (to make things easier, buy a stir fry mix of veggies from the freezer section)
Pour on top: 1/2 c brown sugar. 1/2 c oil and 1/4 c soy sauce (I like to double the sauce for more flavor)
Cover and bake on 400 for 45 minutes to an hour

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 11:00 am
Super easy . Lol!
Boil hot dogs. Bake French fries. Cut up raw vegetables. Don't forget the ketchup!

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 11:10 am
Honey mustard chicken
Sauté onions and peppers
Add 3T mustard 3 T honey 3 T soy sauce
Cook for 2 minutes
Add chicken strips and cook 10 minutes
Add sugar snap peas and cook 2 minutes.

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:09 pm
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
I love this recipe!

saute a few cloves garlic in olive oil
add half a bag of frozen spinach
salt
pepper
let it cook for 25 mins
I add heavy cream (however much you want)
cook for another 15 mins

and mix with pasta

spinach pasta is our fave!
can eat with salmon too

Thank you Amother Dill-
This recipe is Dill- icous. I loved it but Dd only took a few bites. Ds took one look at the spinach and prepared a noodle soup for him self. later he decided to try it and had two helpings.

I like this thread. I like the idea of " different" kind of suppers. I can easily find crowd-pleaser dinners but it's nice to have something new and interesting

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:27 pm
I made this and added steamed/sauted chicken to it. Next time will add broccoli too. https://www.melskitchencafe.co.....dles/

Chicken pesto pasta (skip the cheese obviously 😉) https://www.dinneratthezoo.com.....asta/

https://www.chabad.org/recipes.....e.htm

Chicken and waffles….so yummy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics