Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tired Moms-Whats your secret?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:53 am
To all you tired moms out there,
What's your secret to help yourself look/feel more awake? BH I am blessed with a 2 yr old and a 3 month old and between the two of them I am lucky to get more that 2 hours at a time at night...
Any tips to help a tired mom look and feel more awake???

jewishmom6

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:54 am
coffee. lol

if your being serious about the two hours of sleep. you need to sleep train your kids or you will crash.

Last edited by jewishmom6 on Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:55 am
Makeup

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:56 am
Coke

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:57 am
Sleep training;)

4g01o

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:05 am
jewishmom6 wrote:
coffee. lol

if your being serious about the two hours of sleep. you need to sleep train your kids or you will crash.

She said 2 hours at a time. Seems relitavely normal for a 3 month old but op you need to sleep train the 2 year old.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:07 am
Naps

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:09 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
Coke

The real stuff will make you look REAL awake Wink

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:10 am
Currently working on the 2 yr old, davening really hard that it goes well. The problem with him is that he sleeps through the night but will wake up crazy early (and changing the clocks is no help..) We are currently training him to sleep later.
As for my 3 month old, bh she will normally give me decent stretches at night but she recently came down with a cold and is not well so her sleep has been affected....and so has mine..

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:11 am
Any tips other than coffee? I'm nursing and I find that my baby really can't tolerate even a little (and I personally don't react too well to it either..)

exaustedmom

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:11 am
Are you asking me 😆

Coffee, splash on cold water on your face in the morning, exercise.

And catch up on your sleep on shabbos.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:13 am
My kids started walking up at 6. One wakes up the other. They usually sleep till 8.
I go to bed around 12 (can’t change it, I work at night). I can’t function on 6 hours. I just can’t. I nap every day after my son goes to school when my baby naps (from about 10-12). I am blessed to work from home.
It’s not a long term solution but this is how I’m surviving at the moment.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:22 am
SuperWify wrote:
My kids started walking up at 6. One wakes up the other. They usually sleep till 8.
I go to bed around 12 (can’t change it, I work at night). I can’t function on 6 hours. I just can’t. I nap every day after my son goes to school when my baby naps (from about 10-12). I am blessed to work from home.
It’s not a long term solution but this is how I’m surviving at the moment.

That sounds like a dream to me. I don't work from home so napping is not an option Sad Right now I use my pumping breaks at work like mini breaks lol. This morning my son woke up at 4:55am (which I blame on the clock change) so that was fun, and that was after waking up for the 4:30am feeding. bh I don't work at night so I am able to go to bed earlier.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:56 am
Full face of makeup.
Obviously.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That sounds like a dream to me. I don't work from home so napping is not an option Sad Right now I use my pumping breaks at work like mini breaks lol. This morning my son woke up at 4:55am (which I blame on the clock change) so that was fun, and that was after waking up for the 4:30am feeding. bh I don't work at night so I am able to go to bed earlier.

Wow that’s crazy. I wouldn’t be able to survive like that. Hugs.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This is going to sound insane. Hugs welcome. My 2 year old recently learned to watch on an iPad. I have toveedo (Jewish videos) it’s the biggest Bracha in the world. I too work evenings. When he wakes up, I change him, give him a milk sippy and give him something to watch and then I get another 45- an hr. As crazy as it is, it’s keeping my sanity (and I’m pregnant) and Bh I’m able to see cuz of my older 2 that they really do outgrow this stage and I took away watching from older kids aside from Friday afternoons and Bh there are no lasting effects...

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:28 pm
Is this question about looking awake or feeling awake?

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:36 pm
Coffee.
No tips, just hugs.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:37 pm
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
Is this question about looking awake or feeling awake?

To look awake- makeup (although I dont have energy for that so I wear my exhaustion with pride and ppl have a little compassion on me if I mess up rlly bad during the day)

Feel awake- sooooooo much caffeine but if you dont want caffeine I drink ice cold vitamin water (which randomly also really helped me with my supply while nursing)

lasagna

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 8:05 pm
I have my daughter entertain herself in the morning. BH not the kind of kid to get in too much trouble and the house is baby safe...I keep an ear for any sounds that shouldn't happen. Recently though she comes in and cuddles for a bit until she gets up to play. Sometimes Ill set something up for her to do in the morning as well
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics