Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Infant ears pierced and now infected two months later
Previous  1  2

moonstone

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 1:12 am
fmt4 wrote:
This whole post is so bizarre. Your baby is in pain and you’re worried about if her holes close up??? Who cares??? She certainly doesn’t care! Let her get earrings when she’s old enough to understand what they actually are and want them for herself instead of forcing her to be in pain because you think she looks cute!

People here think babies' ears must be pierced. Period. For what it's worth, I agree with you. I cringe when I see a baby with pierced ears and think it should wait until the girl is old enough to decide for herself.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 8:33 pm
To those mothers who are misunderstanding me... my child had her ears pierced. It’s minimal pain , it’s something my family has done for all the girls and it’s something I think is smarter to do when they’re young . Either way. It got infected 2 months later. I removed the earring. The reason I wanted to avoid the hole closing is not for my own sake of her having earrings, but because she went through the piercing once and I wouldn’t want to put her through it again if it’s not needed. She still has one hole open, so yes I would haveto put her through it I wouldn’t want her walking around all the time with one hole.
My baby is my priority and I don’t want her to be in pain. Just trying to explain my perspective and everyone up bringing is different , so if you never had earrings till you were older and made the choice, then it’s hard for you to understand. It’s hard for me to understand why an older girl would want to do it, that’s why it’s better done young so they aren’t in fear of the piercing

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 8:39 pm
After ear piercing, you need to put bacitracin every day and turn the earrings at the same time.
If you were doing that all this time and this still happened, then it sounds like an infection from being allergic to the metals.

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 8:43 pm
The pain from infected ears is much worse than the pain of getting them pierced, plus lasts longer. A quick 5 second pinch vs a few weeks of sore, oozing holes. Just saying, as someone who has had holes getting infected multiple times, and repierced my ears after holes closing due to infections, 2x. And the itching can be very bad too, and a baby has no way to let you know or be able to relieve the itchiness.

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 8:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
To those mothers who are misunderstanding me... my child had her ears pierced. It’s minimal pain , it’s something my family has done for all the girls and it’s something I think is smarter to do when they’re young . Either way. It got infected 2 months later. I removed the earring. The reason I wanted to avoid the hole closing is not for my own sake of her having earrings, but because she went through the piercing once and I wouldn’t want to put her through it again if it’s not needed. She still has one hole open, so yes I would haveto put her through it I wouldn’t want her walking around all the time with one hole.
My baby is my priority and I don’t want her to be in pain. Just trying to explain my perspective and everyone up bringing is different , so if you never had earrings till you were older and made the choice, then it’s hard for you to understand. It’s hard for me to understand why an older girl would want to do it, that’s why it’s better done young so they aren’t in fear of the piercing

You can take out the other earring. If it’s hard for you to understand why an older girl would want to do it, why are you putting a baby through that same thing?

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 9:12 pm
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
Massage Vaseline around ears daily. Helps even if holes seem closed already.

Op quoting myself here-
Please try it every day till the ear heals. Even the one that’s closed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 9:28 pm
Thank you chestnut
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics