Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid Vaccine for kids 5-11
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 9:30 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Being homeless and having no food is also harmful.

Mothers unwilling to quit jobs are also showing how much they will protect a child from something harmful to them--being homeless and having food insecurity.

I'm not sure why it's so triggering to point out that mothers who can take or leave jobs, etc. are privileged. It doesn't mean bad. It is a position of privilege.

I have rearranged my career and now run 2 business from my home. My goal is to become financially independent of an employer. It is not always impossible if someone wants something.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 10:36 am
The number of women willing to quit jobs begets they have husbands or family to support them and their children and keep them fed, clothed, and sheltered, as well as yeshiva tuition, money for simchas, etc. That is privilege, yes, to have that.

Also, the use of exaggerated comparisons between the covid vaccine and the Shoah is not compelling.

If they are quitting their job to homeschool their kids, they are obviously not paying yeshiva tuition for all those kids. That's a salary right there.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 11:41 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
If they are quitting their job to homeschool their kids, they are obviously not paying yeshiva tuition for all those kids. That's a salary right there.

At some point, the oldest, if a boy, will need formal yeshiva. the mother won't be able to homeschool that and will still be home with younger children.

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 12:37 pm
At some point, the oldest, if a boy, will need formal yeshiva. the mother won't be able to homeschool that and will still be home with younger children.

Small yeshivas can open up with a good rebbe/rebbeim totally off the radar of any govt.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 12:54 pm

You're still saving all those other tuitions, which really adds up to a lot.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 7:17 am
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
I have rearranged my career and now run 2 business from my home. My goal is to become financially independent of an employer. It is not always impossible if someone wants something.

No one said it's "always impossible."

To have that ability to make that transition is privilege.

my point is that many people, in fact most people, don't have that privilege.

I think things are at risk to being normalized here that are far from normal.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 7:53 am
No one said it's "always impossible."

To have that ability to make that transition is privilege.

my point is that many people, in fact most people, don't have that privilege.

I think things are at risk to being normalized here that are far from normal.

Who said that it would be normal? Obviously it's not normal to quit your job and homeschool your kids. But it's also not normal for a democratic government to force children to take a vaccine with unknown long term effects for a virus that barely effects them. If push comes to shove people will extend themselves and make alternate arrangements so they don't have to vaccinate their kids. It won't be easy for many, including myself, but people will risk things to protect their kids.

tryinghard

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 8:28 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Some people see it as privileged to be ABLE to rearrange their lives, even in an inconvenient way, because not everyone has that option.

I think that anyone who legitimately believes the vaccine poses a serious risk to their child will find a way to rearrange their life.
Anyone who “does not have that option” (in our societies, not talking about Afghanistan where people are literally selling their daughters for food) obviously feels the risk of whatever concerns are keeping them from making changes are worse than the risks of the vaccine. Which is their call to make as a parent. This is not a judgement at all, more of a philosophical point.
When we really believe that something threatens our children, the “impossible” suddenly becomes possible. Difficult and uncomfortable, but possible. Because the threat of those risks and sacrifices shrinks in the face of the larger risk.

It’s always a question of what is the scariest.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:24 am
Very well said trying hard.

I am in middle of watching the round table that Sen Johnson put together in DC last week or so. A group of very pro vax who are questioning everything going on right now. It is long but has a lot of good discussion points.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:30 am
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
Not really. If we'd have the same amount of deaths and injury from the vaccine, it would be glaringly obvious. You can't hide such large numbers from a population - no matter how hard you try. You wouldn't need the media to tell you about the numbers, it would be evident in your own communities.

Even top ranking officials who are famously very public who suddenly go missing for weeks post vaccination - including online appearances - are being completely ignored by the media. There could be hundreds of thousands and you would never know because it isn’t being reported. And when it does happen to someone you know - how can you be so sure it’s from the vaccine? Stop saying you can’t hide this. You can hide anything in a highly government-controlled society.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:39 am
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
Running out of time here to respond. If there would be any significant impact in more younger people dying, we'd see it ourselves. Our large communities are at least 50% vaccinated. If younger people start dying in larger than normal numbers, it would be fairly evident. We'd also know someone, or of someones who would have suddenly dropped dead after the vaccine.

In my own circle, some family members are vaccinated, some neighbors are, some friends are, the majority of my workmates are (I work in a huge cooperation), and not one person can name a person or knows of a person third or fourth hand who has died from the vaccine. Yet, most of us know someone or have of someone(s) who have died from Covid.

Of those you know (or most of us know) who died from Covid, how many were little kids? I’ll bet none. If a child in the frum community died of Covid, we probably all would have heard about it by now. This discussion is about young children.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:42 am
amother [ SandyBrown ] wrote:
Even top ranking officials who are famously very public who suddenly go missing for weeks post vaccination - including online appearances - are being completely ignored by the media. There could be hundreds of thousands and you would never know because it isn’t being reported. And when it does happen to someone you know - how can you be so sure it’s from the vaccine? Stop saying you can’t hide this. You can hide anything in a highly government-controlled society.

LOL.

Gavin Newsom was hardly hiding, yet it was defcon 5 in every right wing rag. And left wing one, for that matter. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/1......html

Hundreds of thousands of people could not disappear in the US without anyone noticing. How to silence their families. Friends. Neighbors. Employers.

What about you, anonymous conspiracy theorist. How many people do YOU personally know who have "disappeared." From your shul. Your office. Your kids' schools. How many neighbors have suddenly disappeared?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:43 am
SixOfWands wrote:
LOL.

Gavin Newsom was hardly hiding, yet it was defcon 5 in every right wing rag. And left wing one, for that matter. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/1......html

Hundreds of thousands of people could not disappear in the US without anyone noticing. How to silence their families. Friends. Neighbors. Employers.

What about you, anonymous conspiracy theorist. How many people do YOU personally know who have "disappeared." From your shul. Your office. Your kids' schools. How many neighbors have suddenly disappeared?

The same way you can call a death of anyone who tests positive for covid a covid death, you can hide deaths caused by the vaccine with other excuses such as blood clots, strokes, heart attacks, etc...

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:49 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
The same way you can call a death of anyone who tests positive for covid a covid death, you can hide deaths caused by the vaccine with other excuses such as blood clots, strokes, heart attacks, etc...

Well, no one ever called the death of everyone who tested positive for covid a "covid death," so you're right, you'd hide it the same way. Didn't happen.

In any case, you would need to see hundreds of thousands of excess deaths, which don't exist.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:52 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Well, no one ever called the death of everyone who tested positive for covid a "covid death," so you're right, you'd hide it the same way. Didn't happen.

In any case, you would need to see hundreds of thousands of excess deaths, which don't exist.

There were many reports of people who died from other reasons and their death was listed as a covid death. I personally know 2 healthy people who died suddenly within a week after the second vaccine, one from a heart attack and one from a stroke. Their death was obviously not listed as a vaccine injury.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:54 am
A family member tested negative for covid, had minor surgery and 2 days later suddenly passed away. On her death certificate covid is listed as a cause of death. The family believes it was neglect stemming from the surgery but who can prove anything since the hospitals didn't let visitors in.

There are many such stories. This is one of them.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 12:12 pm
tryinghard wrote:
I think that anyone who legitimately believes the vaccine poses a serious risk to their child will find a way to rearrange their life.
Anyone who “does not have that option” (in our societies, not talking about Afghanistan where people are literally selling their daughters for food) obviously feels the risk of whatever concerns are keeping them from making changes are worse than the risks of the vaccine. Which is their call to make as a parent. This is not a judgement at all, more of a philosophical point.
When we really believe that something threatens our children, the “impossible” suddenly becomes possible. Difficult and uncomfortable, but possible. Because the threat of those risks and sacrifices shrinks in the face of the larger risk.

It’s always a question of what is the scariest.

Very true. I just had to send away my 12 year old daughter to a different country for school this year. The only frum school in our area issued a vaccine mandate for students 12 and older. My family including my children already had Covid - we were one of the few families in our area to get Covid. Ironically, my daughter who was one of the only students in the entire school (preschool - 8th grade) to have immunity to Covid was barred from the school. She is living hundreds of miles from home now and having a very hard time adjusting and making new friends, but I know we did what we needed to do to protect her from possibe harm. My father died after getting Guillain Barre post vaccine, so I don’t take this lightly.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 12:21 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

What about you, anonymous conspiracy theorist. How many people do YOU personally know who have "disappeared."

My father. Died of Guillain Barre after vaccination. That’s more than enough for me. Your words are extremely painful. You lack basic human decency.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics