Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Gemach for patients in hospital

Rugelech

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 8:09 am
I have a particular area that I would like to run a Gemach.
I'm thinking of providing people in hospital (of which there are unfortunately so many) with different items they can do to ensure they can keep themselves busy and take their mind off their illness even if it will be short time. Also most patients I believe are on their own in hospital due to Covid.
Do any of you know of a gemach that caters for this especially one that has been set up since the beginning of Covid.
I would like to know what items to supply, how to ensure the products don't get stolen by other patients, which products depending on age of patient, how easy it would be to get into a hospital.
TIA

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 8:43 am
I think it would have to Be things like magazines and coloring books that are not expected back. I work in a hospital. You don’t want these things passed around. Plus too much stuff gets lost.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 8:50 am
I know there is a gemach in brooklyn that gives preloaded -blocked internet- Ipads that have frum videos music games... You need to give a safety deposit that you get back when you return it.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 8:50 am
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
I think it would have to Be things like magazines and coloring books that are not expected back. I work in a hospital. You don’t want these things passed around. Plus too much stuff gets lost.

I would agree

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 9:16 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I know there is a gemach in brooklyn that gives preloaded -blocked internet- Ipads that have frum videos music games... You need to give a safety deposit that you get back when you return it.

Do they cater to adults or only children?
It’s a most wonderful gemach and something that would be lovely to incorporate in different cities.

Rugelech

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:39 am
Do you have the details of this Brooklyn Gemach?

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 1:35 pm
iM’Chaya
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics