Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
What do u think of this?

mom2mysouls

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:33 pm
I do babysitting for teachers. One mother brings her 21 mnth old only twice a week for two hrs. each time.

She insists on nursing her and by the time she leaves, her baby gets attached/cranky. I asked her why she can't nurse at home, she says bc she nursed an hr earlier and by the time she picks up she will be hungry....

I told her she is not a newborn that needs food every two hrs! She claims she doesn't really eat food, but whenever I give the kid a cheese, cereal, pretzel, cookie, etc. she eats!
Mom says only by me, and anyway she would rather nurse.

I told her according to drs. babies at this age can nurse, but they need food too. She says, nah, dont care what the drs say. And anyways, her baby looks fine, no? And her other kids were fine too.

It annoys me bc from the 4 hrs a week she comes, she makes a whole thing about the nursing (she asks me for another room, so her kid doesnt get distracted) and by the time she leaves her baby starts kvetching. She also cringes if I give her kid any real food.

I feel that mom needs it more than the baby:) At home u can nurse all day, but not here.

Thoughts?

Stars

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:39 pm
This is very old fashioned and backwards, and I disapprove, but she might be trying to nurse clean to avoid another pregnancy. At that age it’s a bit crazy but certain people don’t understand that nursing isn’t birth control even when their baby is a newborn.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:40 pm
Umm I agree with you, that's very weird. Nursing a 21 month old is great but that's negotiation age. You never have to do it 'right now' and they should be eating plenty of solid food.

mom2mysouls

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:48 pm
Yeah, I figured so. The kid walks around in shoes with a haircut, and she insists on nursing. It gets on my nerves, bc its only for 1-1/2 to 2 hrs. Am I being mean if I tell her no more? I wanna be fair.

Sb1234

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:58 pm
She doesn’t feed her 21 month old child real food? That sounds very scary.

anonimas

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:04 pm
Agree that it sounds like she’s trying to nurse as birth control. Irresponsible and weird from a nutritional standpoint and from a reproductive standpoint.

Zehava

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:36 pm
Super weird and kind of narcissistic or muchausen-like. That’s no baby, it’s an almost 2 year old toddler. I definitely wouldn’t accommodate her with a room and such to feed this craziness. Tell her you’re a babysitter not a nursing station.

BokerTov

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:38 pm
Poor kid.
Please keep feeding her solid food.

tp3

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:39 pm
She needs to leave within thirty seconds of dropping off. One minute max. Best to take the child at the door and wave goodbye and shut that door.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries