Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 84  85  86 102  103  104  Next

Tof Umachol

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 10:01 am
simcha4 wrote:
Tell me about how you cook for Shabbos? eg. do you bulk freeze certain foods? cook everything fresh every week? Do you do all Shabbos cooking on Fridays? etc...

I cook fresh every week. I usually make some things Thursday evening, and the rest on Friday. Also, my husband shares the cooking, and at this point some of my kids do, too.

Tell me about something you were looking forward to, that got cancelled.

singleagain

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 10:04 am
I was supposed to go to visit my best friend in KC last June 2020 and we were going to drive our to st Louis to see Hamilton ... Then covid hit and ugh. So upset. Especially bc it doesn't look like we can make the reschedule either

Tell me about something you were able to go to spontaneously

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 10:12 am
singleagain wrote:
Tell me about something you were able to go to spontaneously

When I lived in NYC, a friend of mine and I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We wanted to see the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit, as we are both huge fans.

What we realized when we got there, was that it wasn't open to the public. You had to buy tickets in advance, and it was totally sold out.

We were standing in the packed lobby, mourning our situation, when a guy said "Do you need two tickets?" We were stunned and said "Yes". He shoved the tickets in our hands and disappeared into thin air. I never saw where he went! I just jumped up over the crowd and yelled at the top of my lungs "THANK YOU!"

The exhibit was more than I had ever dreamed of. If you haven't seen O'Keefe's work in person, then you have no idea how amazing it is. When you see her flowers, the brush strokes imitate the way the light moves across a glossy petal. You can move back and forth across the canvas, and see the light shift just the way it would in real life. You don't catch those details in a poster. It was breathtaking!

Tell me about, a time that a stranger did something amazing for you.

simcha4

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 12:21 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
When I lived in NYC, a friend of mine and I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We wanted to see the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit, as we are both huge fans.

What we realized when we got there, was that it wasn't open to the public. You had to buy tickets in advance, and it was totally sold out.

We were standing in the packed lobby, mourning our situation, when a guy said "Do you need two tickets?" We were stunned and said "Yes". He shoved the tickets in our hands and disappeared into thin air. I never saw where he went! I just jumped up over the crowd and yelled at the top of my lungs "THANK YOU!"

The exhibit was more than I had ever dreamed of. If you haven't seen O'Keefe's work in person, then you have no idea how amazing it is. When you see her flowers, the brush strokes imitate the way the light moves across a glossy petal. You can move back and forth across the canvas, and see the light shift just the way it would in real life. You don't catch those details in a poster. It was breathtaking!

Tell me about, a time that a stranger did something amazing for you.

Wow! that's amazing! Looks like the man was a messenger from Heaven.

My brother, then (2yrs.) and I (6 yrs.) were waiting (alone) in our uncle's car while our uncle went to buy something in the grocery store. Suddenly the car started moving and shot down the road. I screamed, "Help!"
I noticed a man dashing down the street, he leaped through the open front window of the car and turned the keys a millisecond before it would've crashed into a car parked right there!
B'H!!!

Tell me about when you flew to a country you'd never been to before?

BubblyBubby

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:53 am
simcha4 wrote:

Tell me about when you flew to a country you'd never been to before?

I came to the USA with a friend, for 2 weeks... one in Washington DC, one in New York, Borough Park...

I was looking forwards to eat in all those kosher restaurants in Borough park, but I suppose I did not have the right addresses... It was more about quantity than quality... so the gourmet was not so gourmet. But it was a very nice vacation.

Tell me about traveling in a country where you did not speak the language

HILY

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 9:05 am
I flew to Kerestir in Hungary without speaking Hungarian, I used some English and hand motions and somehow managed to find the way and buy in the supermarket.

Tell me about a presentation you held for a big audience

BubblyBubby

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 10:02 am
HILY wrote:
I flew to Kerestir in Hungary without speaking Hungarian, I used some English and hand motions and somehow managed to find the way and buy in the supermarket.

Tell me about a presentation you held for a big audience

I translated for a rabbi who presented himself to a community (that was looking for a rabbi). In the end, one community member told me he was ready to vote for me, but not for the rabbi... (it was a joke. However, the rabbi did not get elected)

Tell me about a situation where your face betrayed too obviously what you thought.

simcha4

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 5:18 pm
BubblyBubby wrote:
I translated for a rabbi who presented himself to a community (that was looking for a rabbi). In the end, one community member told me he was ready to vote for me, but not for the rabbi... (it was a joke. However, the rabbi did not get elected)

Tell me about a situation where your face betrayed too obviously what you thought.

Anyone have an answer for this so that the game can move on?

simcha4

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:08 pm
Tell me about if you want this game to continue? Wink

singleagain

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:30 pm
Sure would love to continue. Just couldn't think of anything like that. I generally try to have poker face but sometimes I really feel my face getting red when I'm embarrassed, but I never see it in mirror so I'm not sure if it betrays me

Tell me what to do for lunch tomorrow

Tof Umachol

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 1:49 am
singleagain wrote:

Tell me what to do for lunch tomorrow

Have lentil soup, tuna croquettes and a big vegetable salad (add feta cheese to the salad if you like).

Tell me what you do when you want to be kind and nurturing to yourself.

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:44 am
Go relax.

Tell me about your week of celebrations

BeB'simcha

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 3:24 am
I enjoy celebrating.

Tell me about how to go to sleep early

dankbar

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 4:25 am
Get off imamother. No, welcome aboard! Pick your choice!

Tell me about decision making, like big moves in life ex shidduchim, relocating, changing jobs etc.

singleagain

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 8:21 am
dankbar wrote:
Get off imamother. No, welcome aboard! Pick your choice!

Tell me about decision making, like big moves in life ex shidduchim, relocating, changing jobs etc.

List the pros and cons of doing it.
List the pros and cons of NOT doing it.
You'd be surprised how they are/aren't the same
Give weight to each thing on your lists.. not all reasons are created equal

If all else fails flips a coin. You don't have to listen to it, listen to what your gut says you hope it lands on.

Or

Make a few mundane either/or decisions really quick and throw your big on in the mix.

Tell me about oversleeping

simcha4

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 6:26 pm
singleagain wrote:
List the pros and cons of doing it.
List the pros and cons of NOT doing it.
You'd be surprised how they are/aren't the same
Give weight to each thing on your lists.. not all reasons are created equal

If all else fails flips a coin. You don't have to listen to it, listen to what your gut says you hope it lands on.

Or

Make a few mundane either/or decisions really quick and throw your big on in the mix.

Tell me about oversleeping

Excellent suggestions, "singleagain." I'm sure your list will help more people than just "dankbar. tx

I can't really tell you about oversleeping, b/c I'm asleep then Wink

Tell me about when you're hungry but can't be bothered or not feeling up to preparing food for yourself.

HILY

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 7:40 pm
I start looking through recipes until I am in the mood to get myself something to eat.

Tell me about something fun you do on motzei shabbos

Tof Umachol

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 3:53 am
HILY wrote:

Tell me about something fun you do on motzei shabbos

Wash dishes LOL

Tell me whether this being a shmitta year affects you personally. If so, how?

simcha4

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 11:37 am
Tof Umachol wrote:
Wash dishes LOL

Tell me whether this being a shmitta year affects you personally. If so, how?

No. We just buy from a certain hechsher and ask the yarkan owner if his produce is from chu'l, nochri, or shanah shishis.
There isn't yet any Shemittah produce in the yarkanim.
In a spiritual sense I get joy from this mitzvah year. - (Sorry, I don't know how to explain what I mean.)
But then we don't own fields of produce or grow our own vegs/fruit. I really admire the farmers and those whose parnassah it is to grow and sell vegs/fruits.

Tell me about someone you really admire and wish to try and adopt certain of her deeds/personality traits/middos or other. If you feel comfortable kindly share what things you want to do that she does. (in a positive way not that you not doing makes u feel a failure.)

singleagain

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 11:48 am
My best friend is one of the kindest and compassionate people ever. I try to be as non judgmental and careful with my words as her.

Tell me about you're favorite thing to so with a friend
Page 85 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 84  85  86 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics