Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Frum Women got married her husband is an Arab
Previous  1  2  3

yc

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 3:03 am
arabs place great value on getting a jewish woman. they consider this a victory of sorts in their war against jews.
it is fairly common for this kind of thing to happen in israel. what his long term plan was - who knows. but he could have kidnapped/lured/forced her to return to his country where she would be stuck captive.

Raisin

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 4:38 am
If he is halachically Jewish, then I guess there was no deceit, except to say he was frum when he wasn't.

It sounds like the mesader kiddushin really messed up over here. They have a huge responsibility, since kesubos are relied on for proving Jewish status for generations to come.

I know of a wedding that was called off on the day because the MK were not happy with her paperwork. This was a very strange woman who went around (and is probably still going around) claiming she is Jewish. (zero Jewish ancestry) Periodically she gets found out and moves on to other communities. There are some really weird people out there.

But the chances are pretty good that your son or daughter can meet a lovely traditional person at a hillel or chabad shabbat dinner, and it turns out after they begin dating that actually their mother/grandmother was a reform/conservative convert. Its actually really difficult to prove Jewish status in the USA, much much easier in Europe, since people are more likely to have had an orthodox wedding.

jerusalem90

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 6:19 am
If a Jewish woman is deceived into marrying a non-Jew, does she need a get, or is the marriage considered invalid with no need for a get?

Living Princess

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 6:27 am
jerusalem90 wrote:
If a Jewish woman is deceived into marrying a non-Jew, does she need a get, or is the marriage considered invalid with no need for a get?

She doesn't need a get if she married a non-Jew.

Alternative

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 6:37 am
yc wrote:
arabs place great value on getting a jewish woman. they consider this a victory of sorts in their war against jews.
it is fairly common for this kind of thing to happen in israel. what his long term plan was - who knows. but he could have kidnapped/lured/forced her to return to his country where she would be stuck captive.

Actually that is a generalization. Most Arab families in Israel are not at all happy when their son comes home with a Jewish bride. Many force them to break up.

There are two types of Arab-Jewish marriage that I am familiar with in Israel. The secular modern type, where they live in a large Israeli city and try to raise the kids with both cultures. And the often religious extremist type, where the jewish woman converts and lives with her Arab inlaws in an Arab village, sometimes abused and in need of rescue (see yad le’achim).

I don’t think it’s at all seen as a huge accomplishment to marry a Jewish girl by the extended families.

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 6:40 am
jerusalem90 wrote:

No get. The marriage is invalid and therefore no marriage at all.

saltandvinegar

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 7:08 pm
Ive been thinking of this kallah every day.
Does anyone have updates in this case?

Oif.Simchas.

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 7:52 pm
Same here! So curious and worried

mamaleh

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:29 pm
The rav involved issued a long apology letter.

The government has determined he is not a terrorist.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics