Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
New York Community Hospital location info

Goldie613

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:08 pm
I know it's located at 2525 Kings Highway at East 26th Street in the Midwood/Madison Park section of Brooklyn (from their website), but I'm looking for some basic info about the place/neighborhood.

Someone I know needs to go there for Covid treatment, and he is concerned about what his spouse is going to do while he is being treated. They are hesitant to have her stay in the waiting room and risk contracting Covid (so far she's negative B"H).

Is there a bikur cholim room there? Is the neighborhood safe if his wife goes for a walk, or stores nearby that she could browse in?

Bear in mind that this is an elderly couple, and they may be going tonight (otherwise tomorrow morning), so keep nighttime in mind with your responses.

Thank you, and tizku l'mitzvot

Goldie613

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:32 pm
bump

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:35 pm
https://www.chesedspot.org/uni.....pital

Scroll down for information about bikur cholim room.

It's a very residential area and not a good idea to go walking around at night. If she's there during the day and is able to walk approximately 6 street blocks to Kings highway and Ocean Avenue, she'll be at the beginning of a shopping district that runs along Kings Highway.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:38 pm
I stayed in the waiting room with a mask for hours while my relative received treatment. Don't want around alone in the dark.

Goldie613

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:40 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
https://www.chesedspot.org/united-states/midwood/hospitals/new-york-community-hospital

Scroll down for information about bikur cholim room.

It's a very residential area and not a good idea to go walking around at night. If she's there during the day and is able to walk approximately 6 street blocks to Kings highway and Ocean Avenue, she'll be at the beginning of a shopping district that runs along Kings Highway.

How far is the bikur cholim room from the hospital? From the description it sounds like it's in a different building, but I'm not familiar with the area so I don't know what she'd be dealing with. Thanks!

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:44 pm
The bikur cholim room is just around the corner from the hospital. It just might be an issue getting somebody to unlock the room for her. I'm really not sure how it works. Hatzlocha.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 9:05 pm
It is smack in the heart of the frum flatbush area. Perfectly safe to walk around. Lots of erev shabbos shopping on Ave M. 10-15 minutes walk for an older person.

Goldie613

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 9:16 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
It is smack in the heart of the frum flatbush area. Perfectly safe to walk around. Lots of erev shabbos shopping on Ave M. 10-15 minutes walk for an older person.

Any idea what time the stores over there are open till tonight (if they still are)? Or what time most of them close tomorrow?

Ave M and where? Sorry, I'm not really familiar with that area.

Thanks!

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 9:22 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
Any idea what time the stores over there are open till tonight (if they still are)? Or what time most of them close tomorrow?

Ave M and where? Sorry, I'm not really familiar with that area.

Thanks!

At night not sure. By day probably til 1/2 ish.

The stores run from east 12th street through Ocean Ave (equivalent of East 20th). Those are the blocks that are the short streets.

The avenues from the hospital to M is 2 avenues.

Goldie613

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 9:26 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
At night not sure. By day probably til 1/2 ish.

The stores run from east 12th street through Ocean Ave (equivalent of East 20th). Those are the blocks that are the short streets.

The avenues from the hospital to M is 2 avenues.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries