Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Graphics for dummies

menucha18

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 4:54 pm
Hi looking for advice. Would like to purchase a computer program that would help me do basic graphics . I have no graphics training just a desire to create pretty printed invitations and such. Any suggestions? No internet connection needed a must ,being that this would be used on a computer that is blocked from any web use.

pknt

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 7:11 pm
I think Google is your best advisor here.
Do a search for a graphics program that does not require access.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 7:21 pm
I'm not sure you'll be able to find such a thing.
Maybe you could find an old copy of Adobe InDesign and buy it off of someone, but even that, you would need access to the internet for images and fonts that you'd want to incorporate

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 7:58 pm
I think most programs (at least the ones I use) do require an internet connection nowadays, as suggested above some older versions do not.
Just wanted to poin out that if you just want to create pretty invitations etc., you can learn how yo make very nice graphics with PowerPoint. I have Adobe wnd other graphics programs but as I know PPT very well sometimes I just make quick pretty graphics using PPT. I would suggest you either buy packages of graphic elements (borders, flowers, swirls etc) or download free available ones so you have many options to work and play around with even when you are not connected, and start working with that.

menucha18

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:00 pm
Thanks for the responses and info. I’ll do some more research online and figure something out hopefully .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics