Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Best hostess gift ideas

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 9:56 pm
For ppl hosting for me for a Simcha… also what is normal Amy to spend per hostess gift? Tysm!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 10:19 pm
I would do $25 range. depending on what type of family they are (young with little kids, or older) new book/game. diffuser. washing cup. whatever u give make sure has gift receipt...

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 8:54 pm
Is $25 really the typical amount to spend on hostess gifts for someone putting up sleeping guests for a simcha? I’m asking because I’m making a simcha soon and had been planning on spending less than that but now I’m second guessing it (based on this thread).

I have a basement guest bedroom that I lend out for Simchas all the time (just sleeping, not meals) and I’d think it was such a waste of $ if people spent $25 on a hostess gift for me (I’m just making the beds and making sure the floors and bathroom are clean…) but maybe I’m not the norm? (I never even pay attention to what I get).

Is anyone to tell me what the standard price range is? I live in the tristate area.

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 9:06 pm
Look if u took a hotel it would cost a whole lot more then $25

Flowers
Candy/chocolate platter or other treat for Shabbat

Optione

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 9:16 pm
amother [ Chicory ] wrote:
Is $25 really the typical amount to spend on hostess gifts for someone putting up sleeping guests for a simcha? I’m asking because I’m making a simcha soon and had been planning on spending less than that but now I’m second guessing it (based on this thread).

I have a basement guest bedroom that I lend out for Simchas all the time (just sleeping, not meals) and I’d think it was such a waste of $ if people spent $25 on a hostess gift for me (I’m just making the beds and making sure the floors and bathroom are clean…) but maybe I’m not the norm? (I never even pay attention to what I get).

Is anyone to tell me what the standard price range is? I live in the tristate area.

I think $10 can get you a very nice, appropriate, not tacky looking hostess gift.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics