Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Gift ideas for husband

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 6:55 pm
Hi,
I'm looking for a gift idea for over chanukkah for my husband.
I like small not as expensive thoughtful gifts with some kind of a theme
I've done a fishing theme package, a work survival kit , office themed
Any cute ideas or just cute chanukkah dates or gifts?
Could also just be a general good gift idea with no theme

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:34 pm
Op, expensive is a relative term imho. For some not expensive could be up to a few hundred dollars or more and for others it’s less. I personally saved up $ from credit card points (took a nice long time but totally worth it) and bought my husband something silver. (My husband LOVES silver)

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:50 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
My husband LOVES silver)

Does he polish it, too? My dh loves silver and in 40 years has never, ever polished it. If I gave him something silver it would be the gift that keeps on giving...me carpal tunnel . I have grown to hate our silver menorah.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 7:32 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Op, expensive is a relative term imho. For some not expensive could be up to a few hundred dollars or more and for others it’s less. I personally saved up $ from credit card points (took a nice long time but totally worth it) and bought my husband something silver. (My husband LOVES silver)

I'm on a budget so smaller stuff
Preferably small things to get on Amazon or etsy that come together to make something thoughtful
We have a lot of Judaica so something more personal

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 8:41 am
What does your husband like? What did he need? What does he want? Did he have any hobbies?

That's what makes good gifts, not random list that other ppl think.

Once while talking to op it came out that his back and neck were hurting I suggested a new pillow. She got it and he loved it. But not everyone needs a new pillow.

As my dad says, a gift is something they want but won't buy for themselves.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 9:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm on a budget so smaller stuff
Preferably small things to get on Amazon or etsy that come together to make something thoughtful
We have a lot of Judaica so something more personal

A nice wallet?

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 9:51 am
singleagain wrote:
What does your husband like? What did he need? What does he want? Did he have any hobbies?

Once while talking to op it came out that his back and neck were hurting I suggested a new pillow. She got it and he loved it. But not everyone needs a new pillow.

What does one get for the person who is always getting things for himself?
We get a package or 3 almost every day from Amazon. Things he finds and wants. B”H we can afford it, and still pay our bills, but I would like to save a little more.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 10:28 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
What does one get for the person who is always getting things for himself?
We get a package or 3 almost every day from Amazon. Things he finds and wants. B”H we can afford it, and still pay our bills, but I would like to save a little more.

If someone is always buying for themselves then I would suggest get something related to a hobby that they like If they love something more of a similar thing is almost always appreciated

So what

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 10:30 am
I bought 8 gifts for my husband all of them car related accessories.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 10:37 am
singleagain wrote:

off topic but which pillow do you recommend. I'm on a search. just got an over 100 dollar non returnable pillow that isn't comfortable Sad

liveandlove.ima

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 10:40 am
Wallet
Keychain holder
Portable phone charger
Elegant pen
Pocket knife/ wine opener
Air pods
Belt
Shawl

Singleagain, while I totally agree w you gifts be personal and hobby based, but sometimes when one is looking for something small a list of random items could help pop ideas in head like "oh dh really could use new earphones" etc

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 10:55 am
I got him 8 things this year -

A fancy water bottle for his office
Desk toy
Canvas for his office with pictures of kids
(can you tell that he just started working from home? Very Happy
Notebook and pen that say "best dad"
slippers
cufflinks
phone holder for car
watch

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 11:52 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
off topic but which pillow do you recommend. I'm on a search. just got an over 100 dollar non returnable pillow that isn't comfortable Sad

I honestly don't even remember what pillow I suggested It really depends on what you need if it's you know firm not firm etc plus how you sleep are you a side sleeper a front sleeper a back sleeper a sleep turner

I've heard some good things about various bamboo pillows but it also might be good idea to just go to Walmart or Target or wherever and punch the pillows see what it feels like

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 11:53 am
liveandlove.ima wrote:

Singleagain, while I totally agree w you gifts be personal and hobby based, but sometimes when one is looking for something small a list of random items could help pop ideas in head like "oh dh really could use new earphones" etc

I mean I guess I kind of hear that but at least then make it personal once you pick something off a list you know if you're going to get earphones maybe get them ones that are decorated with something he really likes or something like that I don't know I just get really annoyed when people ask too general of questions or they they say for their husband but they don't say anything about their husband because husband is not a personality trait you know 15-year-old kid is not a personality trait I just tell me something about the person and I can suggest a better gift
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics