Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Station 19 / Grey's Anatomy 11/11 death 😭 (spoiler s
Previous  1  2  3

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 10:18 am
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
lol I didnt know that. thats really funny

Oh... Yeah.. It's quite fun to watch again and notice.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 12:16 pm
avid grey's fan here. never started station 19.

what's even the point of a spin off such a popular show?

is there a point to start it?

and fwiw, I've shed a lot of real tears over many shows. some when something happens, sometimes when they kill off a fave, and sometimes just when a good show ends. I feel abandoned by good friends. Very Happy

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 12:25 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
avid grey's fan here. never started station 19.

what's even the point of a spin off such a popular show?

is there a point to start it?

and fwiw, I've shed a lot of real tears over many shows. some when something happens, sometimes when they kill off a fave, and sometimes just when a good show ends. I feel abandoned by good friends. Very Happy

The point of spin-offs... Money of course

I mean I would definitely say start station 19 although it will rip your heart out but it just so interesting to see you know Ben go from doctor to fireman although it's interesting because he's not like the main feature of the spinoff which is usually what happens with most spinoffs

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 12:52 pm
Loved the first few seasons of greys. It got ruined for me when they killed off Christina, Derek and George. they were the best characters they had. I do enjoy station 19 very much except for when they shove wokeness in my face.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 12:55 pm
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
Loved the first few seasons of greys. It got ruined for me when they killed off Christina, Derek and George. they were the best characters they had. I do enjoy station 19 very much except for when they shove wokeness in my face.

The didn't kill Christina. She just moved to Zurich

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 12:58 pm
singleagain wrote:
The didn't kill Christina. She just moved to Zurich

I know. same thing to me
at first they tried to pretend that meredith still had a relationship with her, but that died off pretty quickly.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 12:59 pm
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
I know. same thing to me
at first they tried to pretend that meredith still had a relationship with her, but that died off pretty quickly.

I don't think so I mean they sometimes throw up texts and like when my earth was in a coma you saw Christina was texting Owen to send her the monitors and stuff

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 1:07 pm
I missed Izzie and Lexi so much. I hate when shows make you like certain characters and then rip them out suddenly. so mean.

somehow the baddies always stay.

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 1:45 pm
Ok, finally aplace whew I can pose the question been boggling me for years:

The docs make zillions of dollars. WHY is childcare ALWAYS such an issue?!?!

For goodness sake, why in the world doesn't Meredith have a live in nanny and a daily cleaning woman?

Of course the “village family” shld be there and help and be stable fill ins for mom but really it is so odd that its always, “who’s with the kids, who’s going to watch them, the house is a wreck” etc. Uuuum, why?

Ok, Im done.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 2:01 pm
Regarding Kai, and all other non binary people:

"It" and "he/she" are not appropriate pronouns. They or Them are what is appropriate. Or, you know, you could just treat them like people and ask them what they use.

It's sort of like when someone points towards you and says "That Jew over there." instead of saying "The Jewish woman in the pink sweater."

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 2:58 pm
Here we go again:

I posted this elsewhere as well... we are proud, frum Jews (hopefully, or you DO NOT belong on this particular site). Ultra right, left or center does not matter.

As such we believe we are created male or female.

Yes, the Torah discusses androgyny.

But those are specific *rare* cases where nebach the gender is questionable because the child is BORN that way. Lots if halachic issue etc.

Gender. Is. Not. A. Choice. And G-D does NOT make mistakes.

One can (sadly) live any way they choose but their gender will NOT change.

So, no, absolutely no, will I be calling people anything other than “he” or “she”.

I will of course treat all with respect as we are meant to do as the Bnei Yisrael. This does not mean I accept them as anything other than male/female. We are all one or the other.

(Again barring the one in a million described above and I can assure you those few WISH they were born clearly as male or female. And again, they are G-d’s choice, not man’s).

Ok, back to discussing Grey’s...

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 4:09 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
Here we go again:

I posted this elsewhere as well... we are proud, frum Jews (hopefully, or you DO NOT belong on this particular site). Ultra right, left or center does not matter.

As such we believe we are created male or female.

Yes, the Torah discusses androgyny.

But those are specific *rare* cases where nebach the gender is questionable because the child is BORN that way. Lots if halachic issue etc.

Gender. Is. Not. A. Choice. And G-D does NOT make mistakes.

One can (sadly) live any way they choose but their gender will NOT change.

So, no, absolutely no, will I be calling people anything other than “he” or “she”.

I will of course treat all with respect as we are meant to do as the Bnei Yisrael. This does not mean I accept them as anything other than male/female. We are all one or the other.

(Again barring the one in a million described above and I can assure you those few WISH they were born clearly as male or female. And again, they are G-d’s choice, not man’s).

Ok, back to discussing Grey’s...

very well said! I was going to respond similar but you said it better than I ever could!

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 4:10 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
Ok, finally aplace whew I can pose the question been boggling me for years:

The docs make zillions of dollars. WHY is childcare ALWAYS such an issue?!?!

For goodness sake, why in the world doesn't Meredith have a live in nanny and a daily cleaning woman?

Of course the “village family” shld be there and help and be stable fill ins for mom but really it is so odd that its always, “who’s with the kids, who’s going to watch them, the house is a wreck” etc. Uuuum, why?

Ok, Im done.

Great question! Merediths house was ALWAYS a mess!

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 4:13 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I missed Izzie and Lexi so much. I hate when shows make you like certain characters and then rip them out suddenly. so mean.

somehow the baddies always stay.

Same. I feel like to show never recovered after the plane crash. And definitely suffered after they killed off derek.
Also, there are no characters I lole or even feel remotely connected to from the current batch of interns
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics