Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Rabbi Haimoff/Rabbi Elbaz Main St. Queens

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 7:48 pm
Hi!

Can anyone tell me about Rabbi Haimoff/Rabbi Elbaz's shul? What type of crowd goes there? Is it a black hat kehilla? Is it a bucharian shul? Or other type of sefardim go there too? Do they look at shailos?

Tysm

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 8:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi!

Can anyone tell me about Rabbi Chaimov/Rabbi Elbaz's shul? What type of crowd goes there? Is it a black hat kehilla? Is it a bucharian shul? Or other type of sefardim go there too? Do they look at shailos?

Tysm

It’s rabbi Haimoff. And he is wonderful. I used to manage the KGH mikvah (vleigh) and each and every time I needed to reach him, he would answer his phone because he knew I was calling on behalf of a women who had a shailah. If he was mid-shiur or mid-davening, he’d have someone answer for him.

It is a very frum Bukharian shul, but Persians go there also (not a ton). I am ashkinazi, and if I brought my personal shailos to him (not just niddah), he would pasken for me according to our way, not the Bukharian/sefardic minhagim.

He really is wonderful. Very warm and uniquely available to the kehilla.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 8:17 pm
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
It’s rabbi Haimoff. And he is wonderful. I used to manage the KGH mikvah (vleigh) and each and every time I needed to reach him, he would answer his phone because he knew I was calling on behalf of a women who had a shailah. If he was mid-shiur or mid-davening, he’d have someone answer for him.

It is a very frum Bukharian shul, but Persians go there also (not a ton). I am ashkinazi, and if I brought my personal shailos to him (not just niddah), he would pasken for me according to our way, not the Bukharian/sefardic minhagim.

He really is wonderful. Very warm and uniquely available to the kehilla.

Thank you, I'll edit my title.
He sounds wonderful.

Does Rabbi elbaz run a separate minyan in the shul? Is his kehillah moroccan?

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 8:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you, I'll edit my title.
He sounds wonderful.

Does Rabbi elbaz run a separate minyan in the shul? Is his kehillah moroccan?

I honestly don’t know, I’m sorry. We left kgh 8 years ago and I only dealt with rabbi Haimoff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries