Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Wig for wedding (bride)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 10:51 pm
For people who wear a wig at the wedding, do they have gemachs for fancy styled wigs? I can't imagine they're taking a kallah's brand new wig and doing a whole wedding hairstyle or updo or attaching a headpiece to it that they'll just need to take apart afterward before she can wear it normally.

Looking in NY area

love vegetables

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 10:57 pm
There is option of renting

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 11:32 pm
Thanks but can you share details? I don't even know where to look or where to ask.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:18 pm
Bumping and requesting SPECIFIC information for where a gemach or rental or something can be found.

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:22 pm
I wore a shaitel to my wedding. Had an updo done on my head the morning of the wedding.
My mother took the shaitel from me that night in the hall when I changed and dropped it off early AM at the shaitel lady to get washed and set. I went that afternoon to pick it up for Sheva brachos.
We had this arranged with the shaitel lady beforehand and she was happy to help

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:23 pm
I had to wear a shaitel to my wedding. I wanted to wear mine, can't imagine I would have worn a gemach one. It wasn't such a big deal? Just like a married sister has her shaitel done I also did but with a headpiece and veil.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:31 pm
I wore my own wig to my own wedding. I actually wore my cheapest wig because it actually holds the curls the best and I was anyway taking some pieces of my own hair out in the front to make it natural. Many sheitel marchers are happy to set aside time the next day to have washed and set the next day as lo as it’s pre arranged. Obviously if you only have one wig it’s not so practical but totally doable for two or more wigs

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:34 pm
I think most people wear their own and have it washed and reset right after.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:44 pm
Doing this doesn't add wear and tear to a brand new wig?
It sounds like a lot of pressure to get it redone the next day, especially if you have sheva brachos right after. Why not spend the beginning of your marriage more chill?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics