Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
How to clean a throw pillow for a crib?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 11:19 pm
I purchased a cute throw pillow to keep in my baby’s crib when he’s not sleeping. I’d really like to wash it before sticking it in the crib, as I don’t feel like it’s clean coming from the store shelf. However it says to spot clean only. Any ideas to make it more hygienic?

challahchallah

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 11:24 pm
I’ve put throw a pillow through the wash without damage, but it’s obviously somewhat of a gamble (I’ll admit, I did it because my baby’s poop leaked out on the pillow and I figured it was either a full wash or toss the pillow so what did I have to lose). I dried it on the lowest setting briefly, then let it finish by air drying.

You could also try a steam cleaner. Since you can’t have the pillow in the crib at the same time as the baby, maybe it doesn’t have to be perfect.

lfab

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 11:25 pm
Spray with a fabric safe disinfectant spray. Though personally I wouldn't risk putting a throw pillow in the crib. I know you said it's for even baby isn't in the crib but c"v you forget once to remove it, or someone else puts baby in for a nap and doesn't realize to take it out. Just not worth the chance IMO. Many other ways to decorate baby's room that don't pose a potential safety issue.

challahchallah

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 11:27 pm
lfab wrote:
Spray with a fabric safe disinfectant spray. Though personally I wouldn't risk putting a throw pillow in the crib. I know you said it's for even baby isn't in the crib but c"v you forget once to remove it, or someone else puts baby in for a nap and doesn't realize to take it out. Just not worth the chance IMO. Many other ways to decorate baby's room that don't pose a potential safety issue.

I agree best not to have the pillow in the crib. If it’s cute, why not put it somewhere else. Maybe a glider?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics