Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Collaborations

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 9:08 pm
Many moons ago when I was starting out my business an influencer posted that she was looking to collaborate with vendors for an event she was making.
Me, being eager to spread the word about my business, reached out to her to collab. I spent hours and time and money back and forth until she got the “vision” she wanted.
She had specific promises on how she would promote my business to her “multitudes” of followers. (Which may not exist in real life, because of the fractional amount of interaction on her actual page)
She fulfilled none and somehow just had me promote her account on my end. She also was highly manipulative the whole time while waving her “exposure” to a very new business owner. She got me to do things that I would never consider for a paying customer let alone a free collab.
I remained burnt for so long after this incident.
I grew from the experience and Bh am way past that at this point.
I noticed her posting again this week that she is looking to collab for a similar event and is looking for vendors.

If you have a small business, please don’t be too eager like I was. Don’t believe all you see on social media. Ask for references of vendors that have collaborated in the past to see their experiences.

essie14

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 12:14 am
It's my understanding that these collabs involve a contract. No one should just take someone's word.
There should be very specific details and deliverables specified.

mushkamothers

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 12:50 am
This happens as spec work for graphic designers too. Like "make us a logo and the winner gets store credit".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media