Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
How old were you...
  Previous  1  2  3 41  42  43 65  66  67  Next

Tof Umachol

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 5:02 am
simcha4 wrote:
How young were you when you asked your mother a question that was mature beyond your age? Only if you want to, kindly reveal the question.

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but I remember when I was about 9 or 10, upon finding out that a cousin had had a son who suffered from a terrible disease and died as an infant, I was very sad and asked my mother why Hashem brought that baby into the world for such a short time, filled with so much pain.

What fills you with positive energy?

simcha4

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 9:42 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but I remember when I was about 9 or 10, upon finding out that a cousin had had a son who suffered from a terrible disease and died as an infant, I was very sad and asked my mother why Hashem brought that baby into the world for such a short time, filled with so much pain.

What fills you with positive energy?

Singing hearty, warm songs, especially those geared to connecting to Hashem.

How old were you when your mother first allowed you to shower/bath your younger siblings?

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 9:50 pm
I was maybe 16 or 17 when I started bathing (future) DH's younger siblings. Does that count? I didn't have any siblings young enough.

How old were you when you started talking about politics?

simcha4

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:12 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
I was maybe 16 or 17 when I started bathing (future) DH's younger siblings. Does that count? I didn't have any siblings young enough.

How old were you when you started talking about politics?

Of course your answer is fine. Now u got me curious - if I may ask - how did it happen that you bathed the younger sibs of the person who'd eventually be your husband? Answer, only if your feel comfortable.

Re politics. I don't remember. We didn't discuss any kind of politics in our family. We perhaps discussed briefly but excitedly when a wedding was celebrated in the British Royal Family.
I still abhor politics.

How old were you when you started working at a job you always yearned to work at?

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:20 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Of course your answer is fine. Now u got me curious - if I may ask - how did it happen that you bathed the younger sibs of the person who'd eventually be your husband? Answer, only if your feel comfortable.

Very fair question. We went to the same high school and I started spending lots of time at his house, especially for Shabbos (my family wasn't frum or in the community so I would sleep by neighbors). Today those little siblings are great with our babies when we visit.

simcha4

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:24 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Very fair question. We went to the same high school and I started spending lots of time at his house, especially for Shabbos (my family wasn't frum or in the community so I would sleep by neighbors). Today those little siblings are great with our babies when we visit.

That's so sweet. Thanks for answering.

GLUE

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:21 pm
simcha4 wrote:

Re politics. I don't remember. We didn't discuss any kind of politics in our family. We perhaps discussed briefly but excitedly when a wedding was celebrated in the British Royal Family.
I still abhor politics.

How old were you when you started working at a job you always yearned to work at?

Never- I started working in a preschool after high school until I figure out what I want to do with my life and I am still there.

How old were you when you learned to ride a bike?

6000miles

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 12:54 am
GLUE wrote:
Never- I started working in a preschool after high school until I figure out what I want to do with my life and I am still there.

How old were you when you learned to ride a bike?

I don't remember exact age, but probably 6 or 7. I fondly remember getting as a gift my pink bike with streamers on the handles, and my little brothers blue bike didn't have streamers nebech LOL While I was riding it round the block, people were staring at me because where I grew up it was "not appropriate" for girls to ride bikes. I had to give up bike riding by age 10 because my parents were getting too many nasty comments about how not-tznius her daughter was. Banging head

How old were you when you made your first "best friend"?

Tof Umachol

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 4:44 am
6000miles wrote:

How old were you when you made your first "best friend"?

I was about 5. And we stayed best friends until the end of eighth grade!

How old were you when you memorized a text by heart?

BubblyBubby

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 7:14 am
Tof Umachol wrote:
I was about 5. And we stayed best friends until the end of eighth grade!

How old were you when you memorized a text by heart?

Less than five...

How old were you when you discovered that soursticks are really disgusting?

(My mother had a theory that you could not eat them past age 14, but I grew well into my 30s before I stopped eating them)

HILY

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 7:30 am
Guess I'm not old enough yet because I love soursticks Tongue Out

How old were you when you first planned a menu on your own?

BubblyBubby

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:19 am
HILY wrote:
Guess I'm not old enough yet because I love soursticks Tongue Out

How old were you when you first planned a menu on your own?

I suppose 18

How old were you when you first prepared a whole shabbat menu on your own, including shopping, baking, cooking, etc.?

Lovable

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 10:20 am
BubblyBubby wrote:
I suppose 18

How old were you when you first prepared a whole shabbat menu on your own, including shopping, baking, cooking, etc.?

I cannot resisit referring back to your previous post about sour sticks....I mean OMG im taking this very personally lol.
SOUR STICKS ARE THE BEST

How Old were you when you realized how much you loved sour sticks?

Tof Umachol

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 3:09 pm
Lovable wrote:

How Old were you when you realized how much you loved sour sticks?

Never. Never liked them, even as a kid. Shoot me.

How old were you when you bought yourself a gift?

simcha4

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 3:41 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
Never. Never liked them, even as a kid. Shoot me.

How old were you when you bought yourself a gift?

Are you sure about your last comment? Is it worth getting shot for a sour stick? Wink
I also absolutely dislike sour sticks, but please don't shoot me. I thought Americans called them - sour belts?

re gift for myself: you're probably referring to something valuable?
in our family a gift was an ice ceam cone or another good nosh, or pkt. of stickers etc.
So I was appr. 8-9 when my mother gave me money to buy stickers for my sticker collection. It was so exciting to choose alone.
A gift that I bought for myself several years after I got married, was an Artscroll pocket siddur with English translation. I wanted to understand what I was saying when I davend. I cherished it. About 2 weeks ago it suddenly disappeared Sad
We've looked all over to no avail. But I haven't yet given up hope of finding it, iy'H.

How old/young were you when you got your first pair of shoes?

Tof Umachol

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 11:46 am
simcha4 wrote:

How old/young were you when you got your first pair of shoes?

If I remember correctly what my mother told me, about 14 months.

I really hope you find your precious siddur, simcha4!

How old were you when you baked cookies on your own?

simcha4

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 3:46 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
If I remember correctly what my mother told me, about 14 months.

I really hope you find your precious siddur, simcha4!

How old were you when you baked cookies on your own?

Thank you, Tof Umachol. That's very kind of you.

We didn't bake much - cakes and biscuts, when I was a girl.
So I probably baked biscuits in my 20's, when I was married.

How old were you when your parents started taking you to weddings?

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 3:36 am
simcha4 wrote:

How old were you when your parents started taking you to weddings?

Well, the first wedding I remember attending is my aunt's when I was five (we came all the way to Israel for it). But that was special - I don't think they started 'taking me to weddings' then. Probably only when I was a little older. Eight? Nine?

How old were you when you began washing dishes?

salt

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 4:14 am
Tof Umachol wrote:
Well, the first wedding I remember attending is my aunt's when I was five (we came all the way to Israel for it). But that was special - I don't think they started 'taking me to weddings' then. Probably only when I was a little older. Eight? Nine?

How old were you when you began washing dishes?

I think I used to wash up at home as a teen, maybe about 15 years old.

How old were you when you first went clothes shopping without your mum (either by yourself or with a friend/sibling)?

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 6:56 pm
salt wrote:

How old were you when you first went clothes shopping without your mum (either by yourself or with a friend/sibling)?

I think about 14.

How old were you when you tried to figure out the meaning of a dream you'd had?
Page 42 of 67   Previous  1  2  3 41  42  43 65  66  67  Next Recent Topics