Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Pro chef 5 qt slow cooker/ 5 qt hot pot. reviews?

jflower

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 8:26 am
Wondering if anyone has bought the pro chef slow cooker or hot pot, and whether you were happy with purchase. TIA

Tech_mom

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 8:52 am
I have it. The short reply: I find that the temperature isn't calibrated/regulated properly.

I had a westbend for 9 years that I replaced because the cord was fraying. I had no issues with my chulent every week.

Once I got the pro-chef, I found that either my chulent was undercooked and watery or burnt/dried out. Each week I left it on just past the "3". So sometimes I would hear it bubbling away and knew that it would burn as it was cooking rather than keeping warm. Other weeks I would find that the same setting - just past 3 - would have the chulent just warm (barely) and would be undercooked (the beans hard and the meat tough). BTW: I always put it on at about 10 AM friday morning.
I got so frustrated that I even went so far to return it to the buzz! They replaced it for me.

The replacement seems to be faring better, but it still is not nearly as reliable as the westbend was.

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 9:17 am
I have it and my cholent burns every week even if I keep it on 2. I wouldn't recommend it.

jflower

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 11:23 am
thanks so much for your replies. anyone have the pro chef hot pot? I think I might pass on buying this brand.

lea6

Post Thu, Mar 07 2013, 10:53 am
I didnt get the slow cooker but I got the pump pot and had to return it after 2 weeks and replaced it with a much better company which I am very satisfied with.

salamanca

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 4:41 pm

Does anyone have contact information (phone#, e-mail address) for the manufacturer of chef pro appliances?
Thanks

bfg

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 6:41 pm
I didn't realize when I purchased the 6 quart - that there is no manufacturer name, address, contact on the box or in the instructions.
There is no sticker/plate on underneath of base that has information, serial number or safety seal.
Box only has European Safety - no UL - CUL - CSA or the like.
Shocked that it was allowed to be imported to Canada & sold here.
The knob comes off - not glued properly - the store offered to exchange but all were like that.
The Blech really affects the heat - more accurate with Aluminum Foil blech. But also not consistent. Hard to find the right setting where it bubbles gently.
I wish I did not buy it - and that I didn't buy it in Jewish store - would have preferred to return for complete refund.

My previous crockpot was Westbend rectangular - much much better & consistent. Couldn't find a replacement.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 6:51 pm
If you're looking for a 5 quart, go with something like this.
http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton.....k+pot

salamanca

Post Thu, Nov 21 2013, 6:16 am
BFFG: Thank you for responding. The lack of contact and safety info, etc. is certainly disturbing. The store you purchased it from couldn't help you with that?
Is it possible to clarify what you meant by: "The Blech really affects the heat - more accurate with Aluminum Foil blech." How does the blech affect the heat? (I'm not sure if you are saying this in a positive or negative light.)

Thanks!

kenz

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 10:18 am
I just purchased a 7 quart in Amazing Savings and now I'm getting nervous reading the reviews. Does anyone have any updated info.?

rachelli18

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:27 am
Just purchased the Pro Chef yesterday and would really appreciate any info from people who have already used it. It's quite a bit cheaper than similar models in other stores, but I was wondering if it performs as well. TIA!

Judy

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:39 am
I see this is an old thread but seems I’m having the same issue - how can this company still be in business if they’re quality hasn’t changed since 2013?!?!

I also bought the pro chef crockpot in amazing savings prob about a year ago. Price was decent compared to other companies and stores. It seemed to have worked fine almost a year and then I noticed it was cooking too hard and was like nearly burnt by morning. I lowered it since but even at 1 it bubbles so strong as if it’s set to 5-6 or whatever highest is.
I started putting the whole pot into a 9x13 pan to lessen the cooking.
Anyone knows how to contact the company or has been in contact- or has any idea why this is happening? Or is it just a piece of junk and I’ll have to spend more and get something more reliable?

Kaybee

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 6:48 am
Bumping this up, as I’m wondering if anyone has updated info on this crockpot. I bought another Jewish brand a couple of months had so much trouble with it (temperature completely faulty) and the company is being very difficult to work with. It’s less the a few months old.
I picked up a pro chef in amazing but wondering if ppl are still having temperature issues with it. Any reviews? I would love to save myself the hassle and waste of money if possible.
TIA

Kaybee

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 11:16 am
Bumping this up, as I’m wondering if anyone has updated info on this crockpot. I bought another Jewish brand a couple of months had so much trouble with it (temperature completely faulty) and the company is being very difficult to work with. It’s less the a few months old.
I picked up a pro chef in amazing but wondering if ppl are still having temperature issues with it. Any reviews? I would love to save myself the hassle and waste of money if possible.
TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars