Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Remote/online jobs- do any of you have one?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 10:34 pm
I'm wondering how many of you have or ever had an online- at home/remote job? I'm looking to make extra cash, and I'm just wondering how to know which online/remote jobs are legit??

Pita

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 11:22 pm
I am an attorney. Worked at the office until Covid when we went remote. I talk to lots of people who were scammed, so here is my advice.

Be careful of any advert that requires no experience and promise lots of money. Anything where they send you a check to deposit in your account and you send money back to them or to a third party is a scam. Anything where you have to provide your SSN too fast is an attempt at identity theft. If you have a licensed profession it is safer; the rest be careful. Remember that the fact that the poster has a web site doesn't mean it is a real business.

If you see something and you want to run it by me feel free to post a reply or just PM me (no charge, just want to keep you from getting scammed). I have seen enough of these to have a good feel. The problem with spotting them is that they are always just close enough to real jobs they SEEM like they may be legit.

These links may also be helpful:
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/a.....scams
https://www.indeed.com/career-.....scams
https://www.glassdoor.com/blog.....cams/

Oif.Simchas.

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 11:37 pm
You’re so kind, pita!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 11:41 pm
I work remotely for Oorah. Started before the pandemic. Staff located outside Lakewood work remotely. It’s full time work though. Not a few hours a day.

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 11:43 pm
I’m also looking for remote work, part time. I will keep you in mind if I hear of options

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 7:22 pm
There's a remote position with a frum company but it is full-time. Feel free to reach out if interested in full-time (40 hours).

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 7:29 pm
I did remote bookkeeping with a flexible schedule for a few years while being a SAHM. I gave that job up because I I got a full time job in an office and now I’m back to remote working because I’m not vaccinated.

I got both my jobs by word of mouth.

amother
Apple

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:35 pm
I’ve been doing freelance writing and editing for years. Sadly it does not pay enough for a full time job so I work a full time job in a different field and do writing/editing on the side.

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:38 pm
I’m looking for part time, remote . But maybe these are good for op.

cdyd

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 7:36 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
There's a remote position with a frum company but it is full-time. Feel free to reach out if interested in full-time (40 hours).

How can I get more information on this? What type of work?

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 7:39 pm
I worked remotely as a paralegal for a few years. There is also something called virtual assistant israel that is legitimate. Basically I would make sure it’s a real company and do checking into them before starting with anyone.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 7:56 pm
I work remotely, but some of my colleagues work in office (though most of my team, specifically, work remotely).

It's a legitimate company but there are set hours when you must be at your computer. You don't get to work whenever you want. It's also a high-pressure job.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 8:10 pm
I’ve been working remotely for almost 9 years in a handful of different jobs and fields.

Networking on LinkedIn is great if you have a specific talent or skill to offer

PCS found me my current job. I told them I wanted to WFH part time and they had a good fit for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics