Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Crock pot pesach recipes simple ingredients

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 5:44 pm
I need to cook ahead for pesach, beH.

I'm hoping to get a few crock-pots and do a pesach while you sleep type preparation in the basement. Soon.

I have that book coming in the mail soon but I wanted to ask for additional recipes.

It will be hard to get ingredients because it's not that time of year and I live out of town so the more basic, the better.

Obviously, I would like things that freeze well! I'm happy to hear more soup recipes, but I think I have enough for that but I'd be interested in other things.

Please share!

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 6:49 pm
Did you know there are two Adar's this year?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:19 pm
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
Did you know there are two Adar's this year?

Amaranthus, this is such an unusual question that I figure there must be a good answer. I'm curious but I don't need to know.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:58 pm
Yes, there's an answer. BeH bah I'm due before pesach.
I'm off of work at the end of December so it's a good time for me to work on this project.

(By the way, I don't want to derail my own thread, but I'm trying to figure out why this is such an unusual request. The whole premise of the book is that you can do this in the middle of the winter and have your food prepared.)

I thought someone gave me a recipe!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, there's an answer. BeH bah I'm due before pesach.
I'm off of work at the end of December so it's a good time for me to work on this project.

(By the way, I don't want to derail my own thread, but I'm trying to figure out why this is such an unusual request. The whole premise of the book is that you can do this in the middle of the winter and have your food prepared.)

I thought someone gave me a recipe!

Uh, most of us who've employed the tips in that wonderful book give ourselves major props if we do it 3 weeks early Smile
Kol hakavod and hatzlacha. And b'shaa tova!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:24 pm
Compotes
Vegetable soups
Maybe some sauces that you could pour over meats later or use for dipping.
You can prepare fried onions in the crockpot (slice tons of onions, add some oil and maybe salt and leave overnight) great to have ready done and frozen in small portions.

Our butchers only kasher for pesach a few months before (and it always feels like they are sooo early!) so December time I wouldn’t even be able to get kosher lepesach meat or chicken. I don’t know what it’s like where you are. Maybe bigger facilities are able to keep some areas of production chometz free all year so you could buy some meat.

You sound like you’re really thinking and planning ahead.

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:32 pm
It’s a long time to freeze ahead!!!

No real recipe but…
Cut up 2 onions, a carrot , small celery knob, garlic. Mix with some oil, red wine.
Layer some under and some over a roast. Cook overnight.
Remove roast. Blend the veggies and sauce to use as gravy.
Cool roast completely and slice.

You can make lots of roast this way with other sauces. Onions tomatoes sauce, sugar…. I don’t have exact recipes off hand

Make pulled beef to freeze that you can serve over fresh cooked mashed potatoes on yom Tov.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:34 pm
Matzah balls freeze well if you eat gebrochts and have access to matzah meal that is at a level you'd eat on pesach.

I second the sauteed onions idea.

You can definitely freeze lots of chicken types of ideas. Like mix cutlet strips with pepper strips, mushrooms, onions. Even if not cooked, the prep is basically nothing once all that is cut up and put in a pan.

Too bad potatoes don't freeze well...

I feel like much of the time consuming prep stuff is more on the baking end which is hard to do with a December setup, unless you want to Pesach clean for a week a part of your kitchen and self clean your oven and then reverse back after. Might not be super crazy. My in-laws used to turn over twice to be able to prepare in advance.

Meatballs work well in the crockpot as does unstuffed cabbage, etc Teva ground beef if Costco carries is KLP according to the OU though I'd probably double check if you're interested in going that route just to make sure it didn't change this year.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:45 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Meatballs work well in the crockpot as does unstuffed cabbage, etc Teva ground beef if Costco carries is KLP according to the OU though I'd probably double check if you're interested in going that route just to make sure it didn't change this year.

Our local butcher keeps things KLP through the year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics