Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
I work so hard for dh and he is just not loosing his weight
Previous  1  2

Sb1234

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 5:19 pm
OP is not saying she doesn’t love him at this size. She wishes he was thinner. I think that’s an okay thing to admit. Maybe it’s an attraction thing. She can’t force herself to be attracted to him and maybe she feels it would help if he lost weight.
It sounds like she’s being a helpful wife, not a nagging mean one.

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 5:46 pm
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
You have to love him the way he is now. Wishing for him to be slim will just make it worse. He'll lose weight if and when he wants to.

He might not lose weight if and when he wants to.
Not everyone can lose weight and the majority of people who work hard and lose a lot of weight will gain it back.
The medical community is starting to realize that each person's metabolism produces hunger signals differently and processes the food they consume differently. There are people who are genetically predisposed to have a larger amount of body fat.
That doesn't mean your dh should be discouraged op. He probably will lose some weight if he follows a good diet plan. The protein bars you mentioned are loaded with sugar. Healthy carbs in whole grains, legumes and vegetables can be part of a good diet but the carbs in sugar and fruit sugars make all kinds of bad things happen. If protein bars are his only snack as you told us he should check out how many calories and grams of sugar he's adding daily.
It's nice you're on board and want to help but it's not up to you. He might be one of those guys who's going to be overweight. I know it's hard but the best you can do is leave it to him and accept him the way he is.

Amalia

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 6:22 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I’ll be happy to send you the PDF I have. Sometimes people react to sweetener like in protein bars.

Hi Andrea,

I am not the OP but could you send to me?

yc

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 6:26 am
andrea - can you send it me also?

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 10:04 am
OP, has he always been heavy?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 10:14 am
Thank you so much everyone.

The protein bars is high in calories but its sugar free but he would eat it only when he feels hungry.

Someone mentioned about salad dressing..I really try to make them mayo free but not always and he likes a lot of dressing on his salads. I can't control that.

Andrea, can you please send?

What am I doing wrong that he is not losing weight when he cut out all his unhealthy eating habits?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 10:31 am
Deleted

Teomima

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 10:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The protein bars is high in calories but its sugar free but he would eat it only when he feels hungry.

What am I doing wrong that he is not losing weight when he cut out all his unhealthy eating habits?

More calories in than out= weight gain. Eating calorie rich protein bars, even if they're sugar free, is still an unhealthy eating habit.

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 11:05 am
Teomima wrote:
More calories in than out= weight gain. Eating calorie rich protein bars, even if they're sugar free, is still an unhealthy eating habit.

This.
Also the label may say sugar free and they're made with honey, corn syrup or other sweeteners that are just as bad as sugar or in the case of corn syrup even worse. They might be loaded with dried fruit that naturally contain a lot of sugar even though it's fructose not sucrose.
Protein bars are for an emergency when you're stuck in an airport and can't find kosher food or to pack in a knapsack when you're going on a hike. They're not an everyday snack.

singsong

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 11:10 am
Do YOU want him to lose weight or does HE want to lose weight?

I know men whose wives put them on diets and they merrily sneak their favorite foods whenever the ladies back is turned.

If he wants to lose weight, working with a nutritionist might be better than just serving healthy food. If he's not the one that wants him to be slim, you're out of luck.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking