Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Recurring pinworms
Previous  1  2

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 6:43 am
Bump. Anyone know the answer? I would like to resolve her problem so we can sleep again.

tweety1

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 7:29 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
Don’t wanna rain on the garlic parade but I bought expensive garlic drops for my daughter (like $50 for a tiny bottle) and they did not work… just sharing my experience.

Garlic didn't either work for my kids. It worked temporarily. It kept on coming back.

tweety1

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 7:32 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I've tried all of the above suggestions including treating the entire family.....
My kid keeps getting it. She's a thumb sucker. And the pinworms also give her tummy aches. I'm at my whits end.
This time I gave the pinx together with 3 days of laxatives, and bathes/wipedowns every morning and every night.
Just over a week ago we sanitized the house. All linens and fabrics that couldn't be washed with disinfectant or high heat, were put away for 3 weeks. This includes area rugs and fabric seats/couches from all bedrooms.
My guestroom is overrun......

The only thing I haven't tried is treating again 2 weeks later. I'll give pinx again in a few days.

I gave oneof my kids koyalic.
It made all the pinworms run down her tract to her bottom.... she woke up writhing on the floor in AGONY at around 1am. She was in such pain she wasn't able to speak to communicate what was hurting her. Just pointing to her bottom. I pulled her pants down and there were worms EVERYWHERE. I started yelling my husnad came running. I've never forgotten that sight and her haunting eyes and the intensity of it.
I'm so traumatized. I wish I never gave her that.
As soon as I got my bearings I grabbed a wire amd wiped her down just enough to be able to carry get down the hall to the bath and dunked her in a bath full of sugar and water. The worms that were still hurting her inside came to drink the water then I rinsed her and kept apologizing to her.

It's been over 5 years. It's so this fresh. 🤔😯

Kyolic is garlic. Thats what I was told garlic does. Either they run out if you take it orally or if you do it rectally they run back up. Garlic doesnt kill them. They just run away from the smell.

bunchagirlies

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 9:02 am
tweety1 wrote:
Kyolic is garlic. Thats what I was told garlic does. Either they run out if you take it orally or if you do it rectally they run back up. Garlic doesnt kill them. They just run away from the smell.

th

this Yes

Apples

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 9:06 am
I kept giving her the kyolic for a few months, probably 1/2 year. As well as acidophilus, to build up the good bacteria in the gut. I think it might have been the consistency that helped.

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 10:02 am
Diatomaceous earth- Food Grade is also recommended for pinworms. Find out about that. And keep on giving probiotics, that's also helpful.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 12:36 pm
tweety1 wrote:

That's what I figured. But it was HORRIBLE.

Btw, to make the worms chime out asks stop bothering your child a sugar zits or sits (however it's dpelled) bath is magic. (And gross) it's painless, you don't need to pick them out. (Yuck) and it actually works.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers