Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kitchen Connections (BP) only has satisfied customers?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 1:49 pm
Really?

Thats what someone told me, and Im seriously considering using him for that reason.

They said his customer satisfaction rate is way higher than most (and they dont work for him).

Is it possible that after spending loads of money on kitchen cabinets, all or most of his customers are happy, even though most people who do kitchens have lots of aggravations and regrets about who they chose for the kitchen?

When I ask people who did their kitchen, many answer Ill tell you, but I wouldnt recommend him because...

If youre familiar with Brooklyn kitchen places, does this sound right to you?

tia

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 2:20 pm
I was also asking around for kitchen recommendations and most people said they don't recommend the kitchen place they used.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 3:20 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
I was also asking around for kitchen recommendations and most people said they don't recommend the kitchen place they used.

Yes, I’m so used to hearing “I used them, but stay away from them.....

So who did you, or will you, choose?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 3:46 pm
I think everybody has aggravation with their expensive kitchens.
The high prices do not reflect the quality today’s days anymore

Amarante

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 3:51 pm
There are always going to be disgruntled customers.

I did a gut remodel and my GC and designer were fantastic. Aside from minor glitches which are to be expected for any major project. everything went smoothly. And the glitches were solved.

I did treat them respectfully and so we had a great relationship. I had lots of stuff in my favor bank for when I needed it.

In terms of hiring someone for a kitchen (or any renovation) due diligence and a good contract is critical. Don't rely on on-line reviews - neither my GC or my designer had any FWIW. I did make a site visit to two spaces the GC and designer were working on which gave me a real sense of the quality of their work product. You can also ask if they will give you the names of people for whom they did recent work and speak to them.

Also many kitchen places sell various widely distributed brands so you can easily check to see reviews of the brands they have which is also an important decision.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 5:34 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
I think everybody has aggravation with their expensive kitchens.
The high prices do not reflect the quality today’s days anymore

Wouldnt the Chinese kitchens and Home Depot and Fabuwood kitchens have gotten much junkier too?

Only the custom and semi custom kitchens got junkier?

Dunno.

Amarante

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 6:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wouldnt the Chinese kitchens and Home Depot and Fabuwood kitchens have gotten much junkier too?

Only the custom and semi custom kitchens got junkier?

Dunno.

You are correct that it makes no sense as a blanket statement.

In my experience, higher priced kitchen cabinets are generally better. Not only is the construction better but you have there are more options in terms of function and styles and aesthetic. Less expensive cabinets generally have fewer options so you might be have more filler and less functional space.

What is true is that construction costs of both materials came labor has become much more expensive than it was even a few years ago so someone might not realize their pricing information is completely out of date.

As a complete estimate, the cost of a moderate kitchen remodel with nice but not super high end finishes is probably about $30,000 unless you do most of it DIY and save on labor.
Expensive kitchens of a moderate size could be $60,000 and the kind of breath taking kitchens which are large and have beautiful finishes, extensive custom cabinets and top of the line appliances would be over $100,000.

The way to proceed is to decide on your budget and see what that realistically gets. Study the construction of the cabinets so you know what makes a well made cabinet and what features are worth spending more in. Drawers are more expensive but are worth spending the money on because of how much more functional they are.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 7:06 pm
Is this an ad?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 7:15 pm
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
Is this an ad?

No, not at all. If I was connected to him in any way, I wouldnt take the chance of someone posting about a problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries