Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Where do you put men’s hats that are used daily?
Previous  1  2

myself

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 7:59 am
suremom wrote:
This picture is so interesting. It seems like there is a molding on the wall under the jacket to the left. But the wall continues straight on top...

I'm guessing its at the top of a staircase.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 8:03 am
I bought a coat rack on Bed Bath and Beyond a few years ago. Ordered it online with a coupon and it came almost assembled. If you have the room, it's a game changer.

I have also seen coat hooks on walls in other peoples houses but I think you need to build them custom because standard hooks are too close together for hats.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 8:04 am
momX4 wrote:
I have a problem with hats and jackets. My boys will not spend the extra 3 seconds to use a hanger. I purchased this and it works for us

Tangkula 75.5" Standing Coat Rack, Wood Coat Tree with 12 Hooks, Home Hat Jacket Hanger Tree 12 with Umbrella Holder Coat Stand (Brown) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0.....2B49J

I have something similar.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 8:08 am
DH decided that we have space above the shelf in our coat closet for him to hang individual hooks for at least 3 hats. We will also hang a hook inside the boys closets too. It’s not the ideal situation, but this will be the setup until we do renovations one day and make a bigger coat closet.
Thank you all for these ideas.

superstar

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 8:12 am
mybusyima wrote:
OmG, how did you notice this!?! It's driving me crazy now!

its stairs!

Rubies

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 12:16 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
DH decided that we have space above the shelf in our coat closet for him to hang individual hooks for at least 3 hats. We will also hang a hook inside the boys closets too. It’s not the ideal situation, but this will be the setup until we do renovations one day and make a bigger coat closet.
Thank you all for these ideas.

I have space in my closet and I find they're always lazy or in a rush to actually put the hats inside.
Something like this right at the entrance looks decorative and is very (too?) functional.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....suPsg

sub

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 9:38 pm
suremom wrote:
This picture is so interesting. It seems like there is a molding on the wall under the jacket to the left. But the wall continues straight on top...

Oy. Sorry. Didn’t realize it was confusing. I am on the top floor. This is the staircase in the hallway. I put a closet for scarfs, hats, gloves, bags. And the rack for the mens jackets and hats.

advocate

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 9:58 pm
A friend has a hat rack on the inside of her closet door. Imagine a letter B with the bumps facing down. The Hats rest in the B. I tried to find a picture of one, but wasn't successful. I have pegboard in behind a door, and bent hangers to be the shape of the hat, and rest the hat in them.

I have also seen the sort of organizers that hang down from a closet rod, usually little cubbies for shoes, but have seen larger ones that would accommodate hats.

Hats off to you for being thoughtful, organized and creative!

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 10:15 pm
I have a valet stand he would use (in good times) or it may end up on the dresser, chest, table, buffet you name it Laugh
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics