Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Bnos Shoshana Seminary - New

FrumLady123

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 8:40 am
This is a new seminary in Yerushalayim by Mrs. Liebenstein (formerly of Bnos Batsheva) & Mrs. Karp.
Any info would be appreciated (crowd, location, mission, etc.).
Thanks.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 11:50 pm
I am also interested in hearing more but I can tell you a little based on their open house. Mrs. Karp seems very warm and the type of person who really connects with the girls. (Mrs. Leibenstein wasn't there.) She emphasized 3 main areas: high academic level, relevance, and positivity. They are currently on the Neve campus in Har Nof, but are looking to move to a more central part of Yerushalayim. Mrs. Karp, most of the teachers and the Eim Bayits are from Binas. Would love to hear more from mothers of girls who are there this year. Also wondering if they have a uniform, because from what I understand, most seminaries do, and they don't.

FrumLady123

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 11:09 pm
Thank you.
Just wondering if it's going to be like Binas where Mrs. Karp is from or like Bnos Batsheva where Mrs. Liebenstein is from.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 11:35 pm
According to my daughter, Havineini is taking over Binas. Anyone attended the open house of bnos shoshana? Anyone that can be reached for more info?

mcrmother

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 3:11 pm
I am considering Bnos Shoshana seminary for my daughter. Does anyone have current information?

Lilac1859

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 6:58 am
Its hard to know what a seminary will be like when it's their first year. However I went to Binas and was very close to Mrs karp, I attended the bnos shoshana open house to be able to see Mrs karp. From the sounds of it pretty much all the teachers, aym bayits and subjects are exactly the same as binas other than Mrs libenstein (who has also taught me in Havineini Shana bet)
I think it will be a very warm seminary with high caliber girls. The learning will be deep and intellectual yet relatable. The two aym bayits are amazing! Mrs nisenbaum is the night time aym bait and is very involved with dorm life. She's an exemplary told model, she is a mother of a bunch of boys and nothing fazes her, she is always calm and positive and makes the dorm fun and a positive environment.
I do believe they have a dress code, not a uniform which is what most seminaries have. You must wear a collared shirt and pleated skirt.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 12:01 pm
mcrmother wrote:
I am considering Bnos Shoshana seminary for my daughter. Does anyone have current information?

Did she end up going there this year?

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 11:21 am
Any information about this seminary?

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 10:28 am
can anyone tell me more about this seminary? was suggested to dd but I haven't heard much about it.. anyone know how it compares to keser chaya and seminar?
also anyone knows if they have a open house on zoom? and anyone if they are moving next year?

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 9:03 am
no one? my dd school doesnt know much about it but think it's a fit (go figure) and we don't know anyone there. can anyone tell me about the "type" of girls and the academic level - those are our two biggies

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 4:58 pm
Why am I finding it impossible to find information about this place? Super wierd

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 5:55 pm
They only started a year or two ago so the amount of girls who’ve gone is small compared to seminaries that are in existence for many years. It makes sense that you can’t find information about it.

I went to binas which Mrs. Karp was the assistant principal of until she opened Bnos Shoshana. Mrs. Karp is a gem, a truly kind and wise mechaneches. I don’t know what Bnos Shoshana is like but I would trust an institution led by her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info