Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is it too early for pubic hair?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 6:44 pm
I noticed my 10 yr old Ds has a few pubic hairs. Is that too early? I don't want to make an appointment and drag him to the pediatrician to ask.
He is developmentally delayed and still needs help dressing.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 7:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I noticed my 10 yr old Ds has a few pubic hairs. Is that too early? I don't want to make an appointment and drag him to the pediatrician to ask.
He is developmentally delayed and still needs help dressing.

For girls it's normal, my boys are still young.
Maybe some boy mothers will chime in.
If anything, you can call the Dr and ask, don't have to shlep him there.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 7:48 pm
My ten year old son also has and doctor said it was normal.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 10:03 pm
amother [ Whitesmoke ] wrote:
My ten year old son also has and doctor said it was normal.

Thank you

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:33 pm
Ds is a month away from 12th birthday and starting to show some pubic hair (doctor told me to check because I asked him when to expect puberty he said pubic hair before age 13 is not ok) I'm so freaked!!! Anyone else have experience with this ?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:34 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
Ds is a month away from 12th birthday and starting to show some pubic hair (doctor told me to check because I asked him when to expect puberty he said pubic hair before age 13 is not ok) I'm so freaked!!! Anyone else have experience with this ?
doctor told you to look?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:34 pm
amother Lavender wrote:

My very petite 12 year old DD has pubic her since she's 10 years old. She's basically flat chested & barely started developing.
I think that pubic hair before 13 is fairly common & ok.

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:40 pm
Pubic hair is often first. 10 is young for a boy. I’d ask a doctor.

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:41 pm
amother Lavender wrote:

He is ok with you checking him? Seems a bit old if he’s not special needs who needs assistance.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:45 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
doctor told you to look?

He said do you know if he has pubic hair I said I don't know. My son was uncomfortable to show me I felt bad but I told him I just want to make sure all is healthy on his body. Dh says its probably normal and I should stop getting hysterical. He has no facial hair

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:48 pm
On purim he said his breast itch so that started the conversation with doc. He says don't itch anymore so now I'm thinking his costume caused skin irritation. Ugh I feel so bad I made him show me. He's my oldest so I'm just being a helicopter mom

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:51 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
He said do you know if he has pubic hair I said I don't know. My son was uncomfortable to show me I felt bad but I told him I just want to make sure all is healthy on his body. Dh says its probably normal and I should stop getting hysterical. He has no facial hair

Please stop getting hysterical. What is so bad if he is a bit early to puberty? Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't understand what the worry is about and why you would ask to check you 12 year old son's genitals. Seems odd to me. If he was 7, that's a different story. Puberty isn't something that is clear cut across the board.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics