Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Present for dh super cheap

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 6:12 pm
Looking for ideas what to get dh for 8 days of chanukah.
Married 18 + years

We're currently not doing well financially and my dh is taking it hard I want to cheer him up! My love language is gift giving!

Any idea for cheap gifts for men appreciated!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 6:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Looking for ideas what to get dh for 8 days of chanukah.
Married 18 + years

We're currently not doing well financially and my dh is taking it hard I want to cheer him up! My love language is gift giving!

Any idea for cheap gifts for men appreciated!

Your language giving- is that his language too? Gift him in his language.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 6:27 pm
Weird I know but I want to feel great too! He doesn't mind presents... At low cost so why not? Just looking to have a good time and he'll be happy that I'm happy!!

Ideas?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 6:33 pm
OK,
But what is his love language?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 6:37 pm
He loves going on errands and getting things done for me out of the house! That's his way of telling me he's taking care of me!

Otherwise he needs Nothing! The type of guy that still has glasses from 18 years ago!
He's super low maintenance.

Thanks!

amother
Outerspace

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 6:37 pm
Socks?
Nice pen? (Like a nicer bic retractable pen)
Nicer kiddush wine? (Maybe not so cheap, but just upgraded from what you usually get anyhow so it’s only a few dollars more)
New pillow? (Cheap at Walmart)
Mug
Nicer coffee
Slippers
Prefilled oil cups for Menorah
Chocolate if he likes it Wink

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 6:51 pm
-Chocolate bars
-Novelty T-shirts (in the past Target has sold novelty t-shirts, like super heros: Batman, Superman cheap in the $5-$10 range)
-novelty socks or ties
-PJs
-sweatshirt or jacket (Costco sometimes has great prices on these)
-Novelty games
-if your husband likes hot sauces or other fun foods/snacks, check out Cost Plus World Market or Bed Bath & Beyond. They often carry unique & interesting snacks and foods. Often times they are kosher. You just have to check. And often they have small portion sizes which are perfect for a small gift. Plus both stores carry lots of fun small novelty gift ideas.

amother
Tulip

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 6:56 pm
When we weren't doing 'real presents' one year, I got my DH a bunch of different little candies (bag of m&ms, snickers bar, Hershey kisses etc) with a little note on each one, put them in a little bag and told him it was to keep in his desk at work for when he needed a pick me up. He's not a big junk food eater but occasionally he'll like a treat. So this was a little thing to have as backup.
I once made him a 'coupon' booklet for all sorts of (free) things- I'll fill your car with gas/bake you a special request/date night in/all sorts of things. There are a lot of cute, printable templates for this online with more ideas of coupons.

Things like this work for us because my DH doesn't like stuff or connect to 'things'. So I find it means more when I give him something where really it's a loving thought and not an object. I also LOVE giving gifts and enjoy picking out things my friends/family would enjoy so it's always been a challenge for me that he doesn't care about gifts at all. I think the present he loved most was when I blew up and framed a picture of him and his rebbi from our chasuna.

Esti Mina

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 7:17 pm
lottery ticket

amother
Offwhite

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 7:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He loves going on errands and getting things done for me out of the house! That's his way of telling me he's taking care of me!

Otherwise he needs Nothing! The type of guy that still has glasses from 18 years ago!
He's super low maintenance.

Thanks!

So his love language is acts of service.
Maybe make him or buy him a coffee/milkshake/smoothie?
Maybe fix him an elaborate lunch/ breakfast?
Or clean out his car?
Or do an errand for him?
Or prepare latkes?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 8:51 am
Thanks for your replies!! Love the lottery ticket ( I would never have thought of it and he'd love it!)
Clean his car (I hate it but he'd so appreciate it!)

Keep em coming!

nicole81

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:04 am
A homemade "coupon" book for whatever he would appreciate

Ie... This coupon entitles the holder to a steak dinner (must redeem 24 hours in advance)
This coupon entitles the holder to a 30-minute massage
This coupon entitles the holder to a 2-hour shabbat afternoon nap
This coupon entitles the holder to [his favorite intimate act]

Get creative. If you want to spice things up, you can make the entire coupon book zex related.

Another idea is if you want to give a gift from the whole family, you can do something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Wrote-B.....Q3XC2

We did this last year, had all the kids use a different color ink and we snuck it around the house from kid to kid for a week until it was finished. My husband loved it.

Tof Umachol

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:07 am
If you two like to have fun together, can you buy a new game that you'll enjoy playing? (Many games are not too expensive, especially the ones that have been on the market a long time.)
Or - can you plan a fun day/evening out for just the two of you?
You can go someplace with great scenery that doesn't cost anything.
Give him "tickets" (with date, time, etc.) for the outing, pack a picnic, bring a thermos, and make some memories!

geemum

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:10 am
I love that dad book !

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:50 am
My DH loves fidgets so I buy them for him often for a dollar or two, like a popit or a squishy to keep at his desk.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 10:14 am
If his glasses are 18 years old, maybe you can buy him new frames on zenni. They’re around $10. If you have a picture of his face you can “try them on” online to see how they will fit his face.
My father was also very low maintenance. Whatever he had he owned for years. Once in a while he needed something new like an umbrella or gloves… but aside for basics he really had no desire for ‘stuff’.
He liked cake and cookies.. if your dh also does maybe you can buy plain doughnuts and have fun with toppings.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 4:57 am
nicole81 wrote:
A homemade "coupon" book for whatever he would appreciate

Ie... This coupon entitles the holder to a steak dinner (must redeem 24 hours in advance)
This coupon entitles the holder to a 30-minute massage
This coupon entitles the holder to a 2-hour shabbat afternoon nap
This coupon entitles the holder to [his favorite intimate act]

Get creative. If you want to spice things up, you can make the entire coupon book zex related.

Another idea is if you want to give a gift from the whole family, you can do something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Wrote-B.....Q3XC2

We did this last year, had all the kids use a different color ink and we snuck it around the house from kid to kid for a week until it was finished. My husband loved it.

I know this is old, but, how do you make the physical coupon book?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 5:05 am
amother Mint wrote:
I know this is old, but, how do you make the physical coupon book?

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a.....Tasks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics