Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Snakes in the Seminary

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 12:06 am
Suddenly it was there
A snake at my feet
It touched my muddy shoes
So silent, so discreet

It slithered up my legs
Its skin so sleek and fine
It triggered off a feeling
That traveled through my spine

Then it coiled around my body
In a soft, caressing way
And, unaware of the dangers
I longed for it to stay

It lifted up its head
And I dared to take a peak
As it placed its wet warm tongue
On my soft and tender cheek

I relished every moment
From within the snake's embrace
I felt so calm yet fuzzy
With its wet tongue on my face

But then before I knew it
It wrapped itself too tight
Around my fragile body
I had no strength to fight

I only realized then
As I gasped for every breath
I had fallen into its trap
I was on my way to death

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 12:18 am
This is so chilling!
An amazing writer

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 12:19 am
... are you ok now?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 12:56 am
amother [ Acacia ] wrote:
This is so chilling!
An amazing writer

Thanx. Tough times back then!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 12:57 am
seeker wrote:
... are you ok now?

Thank God Yes. That was back in Seminary. I just finally shared it now.

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 1:09 am
Thanks for clarifying. I'm glad you're not currently in danger. You're a strong writer.

synthy

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:45 am
Wow. This gave me chills.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:53 am
synthy wrote:
Wow. This gave me chills.

It took me a long time to actually share something so personal. But I knew I just had to. I wrote it in the ugly, sickening midst of what I was going through and it came out super ambiguous. I was glad because I knew that when the time would be right for me to share it, it could lend itself to many situations and people.

I'm glad it spoke to you and I hope many others gain from it.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 10:07 am
The poem is amazing. I’m just having a hard time guessing what you actually mean. I assume not a snake. Was it a classmate, a teacher, or something else? Only share if you want to.

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:54 am
Wow. That was powerful. Was this the seminary that we all heard about with this problem several years back or another institution? Nothing is sacred.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
Wow. That was powerful. Was this the seminary that we all heard about with this problem several years back or another institution? Nothing is sacred.

What Seminary were they talking about? Honestly, I feel like this can happen in any sleepaway/dorm. Can happen in camp for two months or in the Seminary for years......

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 12:19 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
The poem is amazing. I’m just having a hard time guessing what you actually mean. I assume not a snake. Was it a classmate, a teacher, or something else? Only share if you want to.

Right! So that's the beauty of a poem it can lend itself to so many scenarios. Was it unfiltered internet? Was it a book? A new ideology? Another human? A secret?

I feel like everyone has in their life that at first, they seem to enjoy and believe they have it under control but then they realize that thing had them all along...

But considering I'm anonymous here, yes - it was physical, emotional, and mental abuse from a girl older than me.

Like any poem can have lines of analysis and explanation of the deeper meanings, I can deeply explain every word I chose. But I'll leave that up to you.....

Pls don't be afraid to ask for any clarification - I'm anonymous anyway...

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 1:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right! So that's the beauty of a poem it can lend itself to so many scenarios. Was it unfiltered internet? Was it a book? A new ideology? Another human? A secret?

I feel like everyone has in their life that at first, they seem to enjoy and believe they have it under control but then they realize that thing had them all along...

But considering I'm anonymous here, yes - it was physical, emotional, and mental abuse from a girl older than me.

Like any poem can have lines of analysis and explanation of the deeper meanings, I can deeply explain every word I chose. But I'll leave that up to you.....

Pls don't be afraid to ask for any clarification - I'm anonymous anyway...

That's awful. I'm so sorry you went through that. I hope you reported her so she doesn't have a chance to abuse any more girls.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 1:46 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
That's awful. I'm so sorry you went through that. I hope you reported her so she doesn't have a chance to abuse any more girls.

Well - I was all of 17 and I wasn't open to anything other than knowing that babies are not plopped into the stomach thru some sort of Bluetooth lol. I didn't even realize what she was doing. When I started realizing, I did go to the 'Matron' and she, unfortunately, dealt it in the totally wrong way. I couldn't bring myself to say what was really going on - I was so embarrassed and confused - so I just told her very very vague and she thought my sobs were unaccounted for.

Do you know what happened in the end? It's the saddest disgusting thing ever. I GOT SENT HOME FROM SEMINARY and banned from that place but the abuser got off scot-free. IT'S SICK SICK SICK. I found it so hard forgiving my friends who instead of realizing that the way I was acting was so messed up and wrong that something must be going on, instead went and told on me - that I'm acting mental and can't stay anymore.

IT SUCKS. I know that God will repay and look after me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 1:51 pm
Here's an expert from what I wrote a few years after it happened of a detailed account of what went on:

"The predator waits patiently; hiding amongst the bushes, watching for the perfect moment to pounce. The manipulator can detect its prey from miles away; it’s skilled in recognizing the inside wounds and the scorching scars that no one else notices. And it has the sneakiest way of attacking.

I had just returned from the park with a few friends when I first met her. There was something compelling about her, not that any of my other friends felt it. I left the conversation not knowing her name or where she was from and promptly forget about her. But the predator is hungry, ravenous in fact. She turns up in my bed the next day and we speak a little more. This carries on for a few nights. I already begin to notice that something is off
with her and the feelings between us were unnatural and too strong. Thus began the emotional abuse. Not a second of the day left
me free of thinking about her. When I spent time with my friends, in my head, I was spending time with her. Every spare moment I had, I would dash straight to her room. If she wasn’t in her room I would get a little panic attack. She succeeded in stage one of the manipulation: making me dependent on her love...

... But I wasn’t in control. She was holding the remote, pressing the right buttons at just the right times. A player has got to be good at what she does. She knew exactly when to take her next move. And this move needed the backdrop of the morning sun slowly making its reappearance. "
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club