Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Inexpensive takeout at Gourmet Glatt Lakewood on Tues?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 4:13 pm
I am overloaded and need to find some shortcuts, but not spend too much money. I see every week in the LW Gourmet Glatt ad that their hot food bar/takeout is 50% off on Tuesdays. It seems like maybe a good way to buy a few meals of takeout each week for not too much $$$$. I just wonder how fresh the food is, and how much it's been handled, if it's been refrigerated/heated safely, etc. I don't mind buying food that's not super fresh as long as it's still safe to eat, but I have my doubts about this. Any info?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 4:17 pm
Yes, I go there every Tuesday Smile yummy fresh food! Ask them when it was made, some stuff is that day and some the day before but never had an issue with anything. They always have fresh that day fried shnitzel, sesame chicken, poppers, and some other stuff, side dishes and grilled chicken are usually the day before but still yummy. It’s refrigerator showcase.
Go between 12 and 2 for best selection. Enjoy!!

cupcake123

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 4:29 pm
I've gotten there. Nothing amazing but good food for a good price. (And no belly aches so I guess it was fresh🤷‍♀️ )

I even did the math and it ended up being cheaper then making my own food
Thanks for reminding me about this I'll probably go now😊

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 4:38 pm
I tend to think Gourmet Glatt is far too busy a store to have food that's been around too long. Plus I doubt they are going to risk their reputation selling spoiled food.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 7:06 pm
Which gourmet glat location is this at

jellybelly94

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 7:17 pm
The one near toys 4 u and the nuttery

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 7:24 pm
The fried chicken fingers is made that day. They keep bringing it out and it is obviously just fried. It comes out to 7.50/lb
It isn’t always there. It gets taken quickly and takes time to make another batch so may need to wait 1/2 hr.
I’m assuming a lot of the other items aren’t as fresh. Like some stuff like hard salami maybe from Shabbos.
There is also chines, grilled chicken snd other foods
I found the Chinese chicken cost more then I expected bec of weight of sauce.

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 8:51 pm
Im guessing they start making fresh food for shabbos (at least the salads and side dishes) on Wednesday so they need to make room for it and it's worth it for them to get rid of everything at half price.

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:01 pm
Can this be ordered online for delivery?

bnm

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:05 pm
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
Can this be ordered online for delivery?

I don't think so. Ad usually says in store only.

bnm

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 9:07 pm
Gourmet Glatt south in Seagull square has a 6.99 special- you get to pick a main from a few types of grilled chicken/baby chicken/bottoms and 2 sides from the selection. The nuggets and stuff from the serve yourself section isn't included.

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 11:33 pm
Is the 50% off food out at 9:00 in the morning Tuesday’s? I would love to try out the food but I can only be there early and I have to be out of there by 9:30!

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 11:38 pm
There is rarely anything out at 9

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 11:45 pm
So strange- I went to gourmet glatt specifically for takeout last Monday and they had nothing. Only sesame chicken. I was going for corn flake chicken, rice crispy chicken, hot poppers… nothing

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 11:50 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
So strange- I went to gourmet glatt specifically for takeout last Monday and they had nothing. Only sesame chicken. I was going for corn flake chicken, rice crispy chicken, hot poppers… nothing

What time.
Did you ask them when they would have more?
Some times you have to wait 1/2 hr for next batch to come out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics