Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
When you so laser on hemangioma do you see change right away

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 22 2021, 7:28 pm
Do you see it becoming better right away after it’s done or does it take a few hours or days?

bigsis144

Post Mon, Nov 22 2021, 7:30 pm
Are you talking about a “strawberry” on the skin?

I had one about the diameter of a pencil eraser removed by laser and immediately after the procedure it was a blackened burn mark that I had to keep completely covered for two weeks, so I don’t know if that’s what you mean by “look better”….

After that it was like a scab, then like a pinkish scar, and now it’s a very very faded-looking scar. Still there if you look for it, but not very noticeable otherwise.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 22 2021, 8:44 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
Are you talking about a “strawberry” on the skin?

I had one about the diameter of a pencil eraser removed by laser and immediately after the procedure it was a blackened burn mark that I had to keep completely covered for two weeks, so I don’t know if that’s what you mean by “look better”….

After that it was like a scab, then like a pinkish scar, and now it’s a very very faded-looking scar. Still there if you look for it, but not very noticeable otherwise.

Yes I am talking about the strawberry mark. They didn’t tell me to cover it but my child just had laser done on it today and it looks thicker then usual and I believe it became darker. I wonder if it’s normal. How long did it take for it to look better?

lylac

Post Mon, Nov 22 2021, 10:11 pm
My daughters was black and then lightened for about 2 weeks, then it turned pinkish, and then slowly over the course of 9 months to a year fully vanished. Ask the dr. Who did it if you feel it isnt healing properly. Sometimes it doesn't go away and they have to do it again. They did burn it off, so it takes a while for the skin to completely heal anyway.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 1:40 pm
Thank you. So how long does it take after the laser for the color to fade?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics