Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Price per sq ft for Granite

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 10:33 am
I'm looking into replacing my horrible kitchen counters (they are in terrible shape, formica and coming apart) and B"EH having two separate sinks in my kitchen (yay! Right now I have one double sink which is also awful.)

Just curious what is the average price per sq. ft for Granite? Wondering if the quote I got is a good deal.

If you are in Lakewood, who did you use?

TIA!

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 10:41 am
I priced it out when I did my kitchen about a year ago. I found the cheapest place and quickest turnaround was set in stone. +1 (732) 654-6107

I did quartz and it was like $42 a square foot I think.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 10:48 am
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:
I priced it out when I did my kitchen about a year ago. I found the cheapest place and quickest turnaround was set in stone. +1 (732) 654-6107

Wow.

OK I went to a place and granite was $70 per sq foot.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 10:52 am
Chayalle wrote:
Wow.

OK I went to a place and granite was $70 per sq foot.

Quartz is a cheaper material than granite. The average price per square foot of granite is between $50-$100.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 10:54 am
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:

Are they at 1980 Swarthmore? The phone # on their website is not the one your provided.

Thanks alot for your help!

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 10:54 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Quartz is a cheaper material than granite. The average price per square foot of granite is between $50-$100.

The place I went to said the opposite. Their quartz was starting at $90 per sq foot.

ETA they had Granite starting at $50 per sq ft, but those wouldn't work with my kitchen colors. So I was looking at a mid-grade, at $70 per sq ft.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 11:15 am
Chayalle wrote:
The place I went to said the opposite. Their quartz was starting at $90 per sq foot.

ETA they had Granite starting at $50 per sq ft, but those wouldn't work with my kitchen colors. So I was looking at a mid-grade, at $70 per sq ft.

My contractor likes quartz because there are many colors to choose from and we looked into it, but granite is easier to kasher so we went with granite. Good luck

doctorima

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 11:23 am
Prices for almost all construction materials have soared in the past year.

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 12:31 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Are they at 1980 Swarthmore? The phone # on their website is not the one your provided.

Thanks alot for your help!

Yes that’s their number. It may be the sales guy direct number. He’s super helpful.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 1:02 pm
Eben Ezer on prospect

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 1:05 pm
Just so you know, there is a huge disparity between different colors/patterns.

farm

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 11:18 pm
Granite is natural and quartz is artificial. No rule as to which is cheaper, it depends on what slab of granite you choose or which brand of quartz, and there is a huge price range for both materials. Certain granites go in and out of style so if you happen to like one that’s no longer popular, you can get lucky on the price. There are also contractors specials granite slabs that are cheaper and used when a contractor is building a bunch of houses for immediate selling/flipping that you could look into. Basically, if you aren’t in a rush, start visiting stone yards and doing some research in your area to figure out your options.

amother
Kiwi

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 7:57 am
farm wrote:
if you aren’t in a rush, start visiting stone yards and doing some research in your area to figure out your options.

how can I locate one in brooklyn

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 7:23 am
I got my counters installed yesterday! They are so pretty - like a painting.

Thanks Midnight!

bargainlover

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 4:18 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I got my counters installed yesterday! They are so pretty - like a painting.

Thanks Midnight!

Chayalle - who did you use in the end? Thanks

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 11:29 am
I dont understand.

How can anyone deal with a company like SetnStone, that has answering service pick up all their calls, and they can take a day or two to call you back?

Besides House of Granite and Setnstone, which other places that install granite counters are user friendly?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen