Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
London 9 hour layover

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 6:09 am
We are landing 9:50 and departing 18:50
We want go see some sights but also grab something to eat and get a minyan for mincha...
what would the best way to do this? the tube? cab?
I understand that the jewish area is far from the city is it possible to get minyanim and food in the city? Technichally we can bring food with us
Also any rec. of what to do if it is awful weather.

simcha2

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 6:37 am
Will you have bags to sheep?

If you are landing at 9.50, you won't be out the airport until probably 11. (Getting off the plane, customs, picking up luggage etc).

The quickest (but not cheapest) way into the center of London is the Heathrow express. You can be there by 11.30. (Depending how long you wait for a train)

If your flight departs at 18.50 (and I'm assuming international), you need to be back at the airport by 16.50. So assume you need to be back to catch the Heathrow express by 15.50.

So you have about 4 hours in London.

With that amount of time I'd either choose one activity and figure Reubens to eat.

What are you into, museums, a tour bus that drives around with commentary, etc

Elfrida

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 6:54 am
Which airport are you flying in to? They all have direct transport links to central London, but some will take longer than others. Your nine hours in the ground won't equate to nine hours to tour London, and you'll probably need to choose between tourist things or Golders Green.

There are minyanim around central London, though you'll probably be too late for a Shacharit minyan. Once you have a better idea of where you hope to go, someone local will be able to give you better advice.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 1:16 pm
K so we are getting closer

We are landing in Heathrow and are bags are being transfered for us

We decided to pack food so we can enjoy the city
DH would really love a minyan for mincha if possible (he will daven shachris in the airport before we leave if he can get a minyan or when we arrive on his own).

I read a bunch of blogs and there recommendations for an itinerary but depending on where and when the minyanim are we would work around that...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics