Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Kids reading text messages
Previous  1  2

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 3:10 pm
I tend to use WhatsApp instead of actually having a conversation with a friend. Like we're sharing very private things about our lives. I would be horrified to know that her kids were looking at my messages. And I would definitely not let my kids look at my phone either. Sometimes my husband and I send messages that we definitely would not want our kids reading. My phone is locked with a password and usually with me.

singleagain

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 3:10 pm
One time I was texting my friend and I suddenly realized that it wasn't her but her daughter. I don't begrudge that. And for her family it makes sense. But now I check who I'm talking to. Also one time the daughter used her mom's phone to videos chat me... That I found adorable.

cnc

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 4:01 pm
My kids don’t touch my phone. It needs a fingerprint to be opened and I have work related emailed and texts on there that are not their concern

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 4:04 pm
My kids use my phone but they know that any message that comes in they flick up so it gets off the screen. They are not interested in my conversations lol they want to keep playing fruit ninja or whatever video they were watching. I am boring. But if I found them reading any message there would be no more phone and they know I mean it so its a disincentive to read things that are not their business.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:15 pm
My in-laws always kids to look at all messages (same with mail)
It's super annoying
Only send pictures or very basic texts

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:55 pm
The family chats are fair game. That's it.

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 9:57 pm
No way. My kids use my phone only with specific permission to do specific things. Never open use. Very limited.

I don't have anything specifically sensitive but privacy is privacy.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 6:58 am
My kids occasionally will use my phone, for a game or to look something up to to do something for me while I'm driving. They are not allowed to read my texts or email, and don't. What can happen is that a text comes in while they're holding it. I changed the settings so that I only get a notification that something came in, and the words don't actually show up. But maybe not everyone thinks to do that, or knows you can or knows how. Same with texts that come in whole I'm driving- I have a way of having the car read them out loud. But when anyone but me is in the car, I don't.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette