Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Sleeping in same bed as guests, other linen
Previous  1  2

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 2:07 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I’ve never stripped the beds after being a guest in someone’s house. And I would be quite annoyed if my guests stripped the beds in my house.
So interesting how people are so different. I get annoyed when guests leave the linen on the beds. I love when people take it off or at least ask if it should be taken off.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 2:07 am
amother [ Kiwi ] wrote:
Please, never put your suitcase on to a bed with linen.
Huh? WHy ever not?

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 2:45 am
Actually it makes sense to wash the set together this way it's equally faded.

creditcards

Post Mon, Nov 22 2021, 10:29 pm
I always leave the linen on the bed and just change it before the next person sleeps there. It won't remain clean anyway. Why would you strip the bed wash linen put it back and have kids play and sit on the beds and need to strip it again when the next guest comes. I don't have guest often. I get annoyed when they strip it.

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 12:24 am
Is it an Israeli thing for guest to strip the beds? Really curious to know lol.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 2:04 am
creditcards wrote:
I always leave the linen on the bed and just change it before the next person sleeps there. It won't remain clean anyway. Why would you strip the bed wash linen put it back and have kids play and sit on the beds and need to strip it again when the next guest comes. I don't have guest often. I get annoyed when they strip it.

We have guests all the time, and I like to have a room ready in case someone comes without much advance notice. My kids don't play in the guest room. So for me, stripping the bed immediately and washing the sheets right away is preferred.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 2:11 am
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
Huh? I dont think so. ANy guests we have ever had are usually not sabras and have almost always asked if they should strip the beds.
Why do you think its an israeli thing?

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:33 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Huh? I dont think so. ANy guests we have ever had are usually not sabras and have almost always asked if they should strip the beds.
Why do you think its an israeli thing?

Kibbutz mentality?

amother
Freesia

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:34 am
I LOL reading the title of this thread!
You do realize that it sounds like you are sleeping in the same bed as you're guests with other linen?
LOL

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:42 am
amother [ Dill ] wrote:

Not at all I have family in England, Switzerland and Israel and they always strip the beds..
its just polite

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 8:09 am
zaq wrote:
Kibbutz mentality?
Maybe 40 - 50 years ago. Kibbutzim havent been like that in ages. And not everyone here ever lived on a kibbutz Smile

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:24 am
I always argue with dh about this - he says strip both as he feels uncomfortable with them knowing, but I always feel bad for the host to have to wash perfectly clean linen. We usually end up stripping both because dh feels strongly about this.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:26 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I’ve never stripped the beds after being a guest in someone’s house. And I would be quite annoyed if my guests stripped the beds in my house.

I always ask the host what their preferences are and my guests ask me too. Sometimes I like when they strip it and sometimes I prefer them not to. It all depends on whether I’ll be up to washing the linens the following day etc.

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:57 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Maybe 40 - 50 years ago. Kibbutzim havent been like that in ages. And not everyone here ever lived on a kibbutz Smile

No, I meant that amother dill thinks it's a kibbutz thing.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 12:46 pm
I find it very uncomfortable when people make it clear to me that they shared a bed in my house the previous night (yes even if I don't know that there was any intimacy involved). I have a BIL and SIL that always push the beds together when they come and leave them that way. Even if they just like to hold hands when they sleep I don't need to know. You can push the beds back afterwards.

Orchid

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 4:17 pm
I haaaate it when guests strip the beds just as a matter of course. Then I'm forced to wash them, make them, and when I have guests again in a couple of months, strip them and wash them and make them again since the linen won't be fresh! I therefore like to change them right before the next guest comes. And no, I don't like to keep on plastic tablecloths as has been suggested for various reasons.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 4:53 pm
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
I find it very uncomfortable when people make it clear to me that they shared a bed in my house the previous night (yes even if I don't know that there was any intimacy involved). I have a BIL and SIL that always push the beds together when they come and leave them that way. Even if they just like to hold hands when they sleep I don't need to know. You can push the beds back afterwards.

That wouldn't make me the least bit uncomfortable. Maybe it's the BT in me--most people hosting a married couple expect them to sleep together. It's not weird or awkward. They're married to each other.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:00 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
That wouldn't make me the least bit uncomfortable. Maybe it's the BT in me--most people hosting a married couple expect them to sleep together. It's not weird or awkward. They're married to each other.

It’s not the Bt in you bc I also didn’t grow up frum Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette