Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Laser removal bikini area
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:43 am
Anyone know how many sessions it takes to remove the hair down there? And how painful is it? Ty!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:55 am
They say that ur supposed to see results after 5-6 sessions. And yes it’s painful…but worthwhile.
Did 3 sessions so far so can’t vouch for it yet.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:56 am
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
They say that ur supposed to see results after 5-6 sessions. And yes it’s painful…but worthwhile.
Did 3 sessions so far so can’t vouch for it yet.

If you numb yourself 1.5-2 hours before it shouldn't be too painful

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:59 am
The place I go to actually does not want u to use numbing cream. They claim that their laser isn’t too painful. As a whole they’re right. But the bikini area is a different story.
Hairline can also be painful.
I can def ask them to put on lower setting next time

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 11:01 am
Crying I want to do it so badly but not sure if I’ll be able to withstand the pain for six sessions!!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 11:04 am
Can you ask if they can do a consultation w you and try one area to see if u can handle it without committing to it?

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 11:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Crying I want to do it so badly but not sure if I’ll be able to withstand the pain for six sessions!!

I am NOT pain tolerant at all. And I managed to do it. Took Tylenol before, used lidocaine if I needed to. After the first few sessions when most of the hair is gone it’s a lot less painful. Also they blow air while doing it to help numb. And there’s 6-8 weeks between sessions. U tend to really forget how painful it is, after all it’s 15 mins and done

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 11:08 am
Good idea. I can always try and stop if I need to. And Tylenol.
U guys think it’s really worth the pain though? Does the hair really never grow back?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 12:48 pm
I’m in middle. Will need more than 6 sessions to be hairless
I find it to be extremely painful, even with Advil and lidocaine. I (grin) and bare it because it’s worth it for me. I put on lidocaine a few minutes before though, I should try earlier

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 1:38 pm
I did it about 3 years ago.
I was always numb, so didn't feel anything.

Does it never grow back? By some places it does grow back. So I still need to shave for Mikvah. But in general, it always feels smooth, even if there are some scattered hairs.

Side effect which I had: I started to grow peach fuzz from the lazer.. also hair under my lips started growing and hair on my chin.. So my face is now needing constant waxings which I never needed.

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 1:57 pm
So worth it! I always did waxings at European Wax Center and found it so painful! I did maybe five laser sessions and so so happy with the results. Not completely hairless yet but almost there! Pain is not as bad as waxings in my opinion

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 2:30 pm
Ty! All so helpful.

And phew- I can handle Waxing’s so I guess the pain is not too bad for the laser.

And regarding the hair growing on your face, did you do laser on your face? Or the bikini area? I would think side effects should only effect the laserd area.. no?
Sorry for my naïveté…

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 2:47 pm
3 sessions in
Lidocaine with plastic covering an hour prior.
Each pulse feels like someone is tweezing one hair. Sharp, sudden pain, but only lasts for the ten minutes of the actual lasering.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 2:54 pm
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
3 sessions in
Lidocaine with plastic covering an hour prior.
Each pulse feels like someone is tweezing one hair. Sharp, sudden pain, but only lasts for the ten minutes of the actual lasering.

Ty- important question. Who would you recommend? If u live in lakewood..

amother
White

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 3:45 pm
I’m doing Brazilian laser now. I’ve waxed before and it’s way less painful IMO. I noticed a big difference after the first session and just did session two so I can’t say anything about that yet. I’m using D& B laser and really happy, but I’m not comfortable sharing a private number on the web.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:10 pm
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
The place I go to actually does not want u to use numbing cream. They claim that their laser isn’t too painful. As a whole they’re right. But the bikini area is a different story.
Hairline can also be painful.
I can def ask them to put on lower setting next time

What is their reason for not wanting you to use numbing cream?

Some of the non-painful machines are actually not necessarily as effective.

https://www.skinneymedspa.com/.....tems/
https://medlaserusa.com/blog/2.....ment/

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ty! All so helpful.

And phew- I can handle Waxing’s so I guess the pain is not too bad for the laser.

And regarding the hair growing on your face, did you do laser on your face? Or the bikini area? I would think side effects should only effect the laserd area.. no?
Sorry for my naïveté…

I did Brazilian laser and under arm.
I didn't do laser on my face.

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:27 pm
I did 3 laser sessions meanwhile, see huge improvement. Drastic. bH! With some cream applied 2 hours before and covered with Saran, pain is minimal

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:35 pm
Bikini area is really fast. I use Complete look and bikini never takes more than five minutes. Was never crazy painful. I never used numbing cream or pain killers. I actually find waxing way way worse.
It totally worked amazing. Worth the pain. You will never regret it.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:11 pm
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
I did it about 3 years ago.
I was always numb, so didn't feel anything.

Does it never grow back? By some places it does grow back. So I still need to shave for Mikvah. But in general, it always feels smooth, even if there are some scattered hairs.

Side effect which I had: I started to grow peach fuzz from the lazer.. also hair under my lips started growing and hair on my chin.. So my face is now needing constant waxings which I never needed.

Is that true connection? Because I have eerily the same thing happening soon after I started laser.
But how is brazilian connected to face??
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries