Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to eat healthy with me?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:53 pm
Not to lose weight. To feel and be healthy and nourish ourselves.

Right now I'm getting into Ayurveda a little bit. I've been trying to eat more whole foods and veggies.

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:25 pm
I did Ayurvedic eating for a bit. Nothing but kitchari for 2 weeks straight. Not sure I was any healthier for it, but I liked not having to think much about what I was going to eat and being able to make a whole bunch at once. Even got my kids eating it, so it was nice while it lasted.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:56 pm
amother [ Mulberry ] wrote:
I did Ayurvedic eating for a bit. Nothing but kitchari for 2 weeks straight. Not sure I was any healthier for it, but I liked not having to think much about what I was going to eat and being able to make a whole bunch at once. Even got my kids eating it, so it was nice while it lasted.

What about the rest of it? Eating according to your dosha, the seasons, time of day, yoga etc..?? Just got into it like yesterday. Bought a book and been listening to podcasts and eating warmer foods. It really resonates with me.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:26 pm
My doctor was telling me about Ayurvedic medicine. They identified something like 23 types of diabetes. Unfortunately many providers are a bit snake oil ish because they are unregulated. I’m interested to see what it’s about.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 7:35 am
andrea levy wrote:
My doctor was telling me about Ayurvedic medicine. They identified something like 23 types of diabetes. Unfortunately many providers are a bit snake oil ish because they are unregulated. I’m interested to see what it’s about.

I'm not really familiar with the medicine side of it just the lifestyle.

One example is that I identified myself as Vata Dosha and that is amongst other things feeling anxious, floaty.. And one thing they recommend is pressure on yourself and grounding. So I miss realize why I like to sit with a blanket on me. It also matches what psychologists say in CBT and DBT about depression, anxiety etc... To do the opposite of what you feel. Like attracts like. Opposites balance.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 7:58 am
andrea levy wrote:

How is eating kichari (see post above)
help with diabetes

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 8:37 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
How is eating kichari (see post above)
help with diabetes

I don’t think kitchari is what he was referring to. Ayurvedic medicine is a lot bigger than kitchari.

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 9:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What about the rest of it? Eating according to your dosha, the seasons, time of day, yoga etc..?? Just got into it like yesterday. Bought a book and been listening to podcasts and eating warmer foods. It really resonates with me.

The ingredients I used were suggested for my dosha.
I just didn't stick with it after a couple weeks.
The idea of eating same thing repetitively is to give digestion a break. Not so severe a detox as fasting or juicing, but eating the same simple food over and over is supposed to help clean out.
One thing I did keep up (or try to) is the sleep cycle. Making sure to be asleep 10-4 for that true restorative sleep. I never got into yoga but I do try to be more conscious of my breathing.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ Mulberry ] wrote:
The ingredients I used were suggested for my dosha.
I just didn't stick with it after a couple weeks.
The idea of eating same thing repetitively is to give digestion a break. Not so severe a detox as fasting or juicing, but eating the same simple food over and over is supposed to help clean out.
One thing I did keep up (or try to) is the sleep cycle. Making sure to be asleep 10-4 for that true restorative sleep. I never got into yoga but I do try to be more conscious of my breathing.

Circadian rhythm science bears out the 10-4 thing. Interesting that since we live in a fake light society, many peoples circadian rhythms are messed up. While I am a night owl ( something like 20 % of ppl are night owls, 20% are larks and the Remaining 60 are just kind of average, it’s good advice to be exposed to sun light first thing in the am as much as possible. Also, to avoid blue light after dark. Clearly we can’t go to bed at 5:30 in winter but blue blocking glasses help a lot if you’re on screens at night. Light and timed eating are the biggest ‘zeitgebbers’ or things that affect circadian rhythms.

I have a graphic somewhere that shows ideal times of day for various things. Will try to find it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 12:09 pm
Thanks Mulberry. Andrea, would love to see it Smile

smilethere2

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 12:59 am
Would love to learn more.
how does the yoga incorporated?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 1:06 am
Here are two of the graphics
https://I.imgur.com/dOR9Ibk.jpg

https://I.imgur.com/ARYwoc0.jpg
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise