Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Ben and batsheva divorced
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:45 am
A comment about her body might be out of place. But its really hard, even for the most body neutral people stay blind when she very intentionally walked into greens with the most eye catching sparkly hardy there barbie outfit and had her gay assistant speak about it with the cashier. He said something like 'have you ever seen somebody who dresses so well here' or something to that extent.
When actually, Yes, Every single monsey woman, no matter if she was wearing a shmatta slinky or an overdressed chani outfit looked much much much classier than her in that store.
I don't blaim woman for focusing on her body.

I wish Ben all the best, he is obviously making a very specific statement regarding who he is and where he wants to be right now. Thinking about him makes me sad. I hope he finds the stregth to rebuild his life. There are so many people routing for him.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 8:22 am
I know Instagram is contrived, but even what someone chooses to polish and display says so much about them.

The contrast between their post breakup posting is glaring.

Bat's is so self centered and self indulgent, while Ben is trying to connect on a spiritual level. I find that quite telling.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 8:35 am
Everyone that has Instagram should check out Ben’s latest post in Yerushalaim .
Check it out even if you don’t follow him, it speaks volumes

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 8:38 am
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
Everyone that has Instagram should check out Ben’s latest post in Yerushalaim .
Check it out even if you don’t follow him, it speaks volumes

For those who don't have Instagram, it's a pic of him at the kosel with this caption:
Israel. I love you. Its the happiest place in the world for me. I have not been able to visit as often as I would like. But that will change. Coming back especially at this time means more than it ever has. It was meant to be that my mother and sister had this trip planned months ago and I was able to tag along. Walking the streets of Jerusalem there’s something in the air that puts me in an indescribable peace. These feelings all culminate here at the Kotel (western wall). I feel most comfortable here and most vulnerable here. I can talk to g-d about whatever I want and leave nothing back. And yes I know you can talk to g-d whenever you want he’s always listening but there is something about spiritual sites. Especially like the Kotel where you see all walks of life and all religions in one place. And it puts things into perspective for me. Because I’m not the only one crying there. The person next to me could be crying about something far worse than me. The lose of a loved one, or a sick family member. Amongst the hard times while not easy and at times impossible it is important to remember what you have to be thankful for. Bh I have my health. Bh I have my family who I am grateful for and have been nothing short of extraordinary through this phase in my life. I love Israel. Always have and always will. I will be back soon promise. 🇮🇱 ❤️

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 8:39 am
Do you think Bat wouldn't react the same way when/if she visits Israel. Many secular Jews feel some sort of emotion when they go to the Kotel. Its great that he's leaning in to his Judaism. But this attitude that he's all of a sudden a hero, bec. he split up from someone you dont like, is ridiculous. (and I'm not referring to the above poster.. it does give the feels.. but in general this entire thread)

cupcake123

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 8:40 am
Wow. I got emotional reading
Thanks theoneandonly for posting!

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 8:50 am
amother [ Cognac ] wrote:
Do you think Bat wouldn't react the same way when/if she visits Israel. Many secular Jews feel some sort of emotion when they go to the Kotel. Its great that he's leaning in to his Judaism. But this attitude that he's all of a sudden a hero, bec. he split up from someone you dont like, is ridiculous. (and I'm not referring to the above poster.. it does give the feels.. but in general this entire thread)

I don't dislike Batsheva, I know her personally, I feel bad for her more than anything. She doesn't have an emotionally healthy family situation and that's hard on anyone. I also feel bad for Ben, and I am glad he got out of this toxic situation. I think people are feeling a sigh of relief that at least Someone got out of that toxic situation, and focusing on him finding himself rn. The Situation was clearly toxic for them both, but only one them is free right now.

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 9:06 am

There's a difference between getting emotional/spiritual and saying "BH for my health. BH for my family" like Ben is.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 9:13 am

Would she even go to Israel?
The show is so vain and vapid.

pause

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 9:26 am
He's got Israel and she's got glam. Very telling.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 9:26 am
Not just getting away from those family dynamics, Ben is showing the world where his thoughts & goals are and where he stands with regards to Spirituality/ Judaism .
I think many, many frum people that watched the show are genuinely happy for him even if they don’t know him personally
No ofcourse he doesn’t owe anybody anything, but again those that saw the show saw him struggle

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:38 am
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
There is a way to mock and a way to mock.

If you must mock, it should be focused on the person’s specific qualities that deserve mocking. Not on their body or race or age.

You hate Obama? Fine, but don’t mock his mixed race. You hate Trump? Fine, but don’t mock his weight. Etc.

But she exposes it. We don’t mock her on something that she doesn’t flash. She puts it out as something great. We want to show that she is delusional and out of touch. She is not to be trusted. Obama doesn’t walk around flashing his black skin.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:49 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
But she exposes it. We don’t mock her on something that she doesn’t flash. She puts it out as something great. We want to show that she is delusional and out of touch. She is not to be trusted. Obama doesn’t walk around flashing his black skin.

And if he did, it would be ok to mock his black skin? Which would offend the millions of people with black skin. I mean seriously, if Obama started walking around shirtless you would jeer at his dark skin?

Really it’s beyond me how someone thinks it’s ok to mock a natural body feature that millions of people have.

Why can’t you just mock exhibitionist tendencies?
Why the need to mock the body etc?

sequoia

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:51 am
[quote="amother [ Cobalt ]"Obama doesn’t walk around flashing his black skin.[/quote]

Nerd Hypnotized Surprised

fmt4

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 12:08 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:

Um…. What??? First of all, are you saying that black skin is something bad??? Second of all, yes he does “flash” his skin because it’s ON HIS FACE.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 12:22 pm
Instragram is just as fake and vapid and reality TV. I can't believe anyone believes anythign they see there is real.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 12:30 pm
fmt4 wrote:
Um…. What??? First of all, are you saying that black skin is something bad??? Second of all, yes he does “flash” his skin because it’s ON HIS FACE.

I mean she does something that is not acceptable and pathetic and just completely unaware of it. I wouldn’t make fun of her if she wasn’t trying to make people leave religious life. But now that she is a rodef all bets are of. We need to make fun of her. It’s a practical Halacha. Obama doesn’t do anything unusual with his black skin. And he is not a rodef.

Reality

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 12:36 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Instragram is just as fake and vapid and reality TV. I can't believe anyone believes anythign they see there is real.

I agree. While Ben's sentiments are nice it does take a somewhat egotistical person to post all your private thoughts publicly.

I wish him the best and hope he comes back to a level of religious observance he is comfortable with.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 12:38 pm
Reality wrote:
I agree. While Ben's sentiments are nice it does take a somewhat egotistical person to post all your private thoughts publicly.

I wish him the best and hope he comes back to a level of religious observance he is comfortable with.

But you don't know if they are anyone's private thoughts. It's BS. It's fake.

Reality

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 12:40 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
But you don't know if they are anyone's private thoughts. It's BS. It's fake.

True. I should have put private in quotations. That's what I meant.
Page 8 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics