Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Is it hard to find a job as an art therapist in Israel?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:05 am
Specifically in the frum world?

And is it enough to get a BA or is it a must to get a Masters?

Thanks for any information you can give me.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 12:20 pm
I have a friend who is an art therapist, so I can only tell you what she has said at one time or another.

She has an MA, which you need for any job. For private clients, they may look for an MA, since this is the industry standard, but many won't even ask about formal qualifications. For most jobs you need to speak fairly fluent Hebrew.

She works in schools, has private clients, has some zoom clients in America, and works for a couple of organisations. Between it all she earns a living. Finding a single full time job is not so easy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 12:34 pm
Thank you.

It's interesting--I'm hearing such conflicting information. Someone told me that anyone declare herself an art therapist and start working in it and that there's a lot of demand. Others say you need an MA and it's impossible to find a job without experience. I'm so confused.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 1:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you.

It's interesting--I'm hearing such conflicting information. Someone told me that anyone declare herself an art therapist and start working in it and that there's a lot of demand. Others say you need an MA and it's impossible to find a job without experience. I'm so confused.

I think that might be the difference between getting a proper job, and working with private clients. A lot of private clients won't ask about qualifications. Any reputable employer will.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics