Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Help with low cost marketing ideas for new business

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:18 pm
I started a new business, and Im working with a tight budget as Im trying to keep the pricing of my products low, and I didnt take an investor.
Looking for ideas in how to spread the word/ marketing without paying too much.
Im not a techy social media kind of person, so I cant do that.
I am doing some advertising, but not enough.

Any ideas/ advice from fellow entrepreneurs?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:21 pm
Go to a trade show, offer the product to friends and ask them to post about it on social media, donate it to chinese auctions, invest in a proper photoshoot to showcase it properly and then take out a full page ad in the jewish papers, have a giveaway on social media where people have to like and share.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:35 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Go to a trade show, offer the product to friends and ask them to post about it on social media, donate it to chinese auctions, invest in a proper photoshoot to showcase it properly and then take out a full page ad in the jewish papers, have a giveaway on social media where people have to like and share.

Thanks for your ideas
Product is not low cost, so cant share too many of them.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:38 pm
It really depends on the type of business.

If it's something you can donate an item or service as a raffle prize for a local institution, that's good advertising. Do an incredible job with the winner, and you get a lot of positive press.

Can you write an article based on your expertise for a local circular, news website, or magazine? Can you give a free class on the subject in your shul / community center?

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:42 pm
Do you have a website? A Facebook page? Instagram?

Those are your cheapest marketing tools,
You can build a website for almost nothing..

My Facebook page has about 700 likes and I also advertise on some FB groups - only ones that don't charge.

If you need to reach a market that doesn't use social media then you may need to pay. Otherwise you should be doing your marketing for free.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:51 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
Do you have a website? A Facebook page? Instagram?

Those are your cheapest marketing tools,
You can build a website for almost nothing..

My Facebook page has about 700 likes and I also advertise on some FB groups - only ones that don't charge.

If you need to reach a market that doesn't use social media then you may need to pay. Otherwise you should be doing your marketing for free.

I have instagram but not much followers. I am located in a community where half dont use social media, and I use it for business only.

Any advice on how to build a website?
Never tried FB.

amf

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:12 pm
Go to your audience and find out how they communicate with each other. Then find free/cheap channels within that space

First, narrow down your target audience as much as possible. Then narrow it down again. Create an average customer profile. What does your customer like? Spend money on? Do for entertainment?

Once you know that, you can find channels within that space. For example, if your target is 35-50 yr old female homeowners in Monroe, advertise in the local women's weekly. Sponsor a class/shiur on a related topic (organization course if your product is custom closets.) If your target is 35-50 yr old male homeowners in Monroe, your ideal channels obviously will be different. Shul flyers, kol meva'aser and similar would be better options.

There are so many ways to reach people, it just takes a little creativity

ellacoe

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:10 pm
It’s hard to say without knowing who your target market is and what your product is. What need is your product fuflfilling ? Who would need or want your product? And where do they hang out ? If you share some more information it would be easier to come up with some suggestions.

busy mommy

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 10:05 am
Is this items that only jewish people use? If not then I am not sure why you are so sure that your target market does not use social media. You can PM me. I think I may be able to help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries