Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Im seriously shocked!! such bad customer service....
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:54 pm
im so annoyed!!

I ordered a bunch of layettes that were on sale and one of the blankets came dirty. I emailed customer service and they took over a week to get back to me:

Hi,
Did you try washing it? I am sure a little shout would take it off.

what kind of response is this?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:56 pm
Oh it was a jewish brand.
this is why I hate shopping jewish places... customer service stinks

octopus

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:59 pm
Chutzpah!!!!

gande

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:59 pm
I was in a store and overheard the owner was trying to convince a customer to buy something with a stain. Mind you full price over $100. She said " I rubbed it and it came off a bit the rest should come off in the wash." What if not?!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:00 pm
Im waiting for her to respond back to my email.
I better get a refund or a new blanket.
this blanket was white!

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:06 pm
Most stores have a policy that sale items are final sale and don't get serviced.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:10 pm
Some stores also have a policy that once something has been washed, they won't take it back.

Next time, shop at a normal store, with normal customer service.

momX4

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:21 pm
amother [ Quince ] wrote:
Most stores have a policy that sale items are final sale and don't get serviced.

Unless it comes damaged. I purchased a top that was final sale from Banana Republic. It came damaged. The packaging tape got stuck to the shirt and destroyed it.

I called customer service. They checked stock, emailed me a return label and shipped out a replacement.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:23 pm
This is the reason I dont shop local. The whole thing support jewish owned stores nebach they lost so much durring corona... Guess what? Why should I care about your pocket when you dont care about mine?! These stores buy stuff for pennies and then they sell for 10 times the price.

Genius

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:29 pm
This is one Jewish shop you should never step into again. I don’t think it’s fair to smear all Jewish shops though. I see customer service improving at my local shops as the competition grows. Shop wherever you like (or don’t shop wherever you don’t) but don’t spread negativity. The shops that might lose out because of the bad press, did nothing to deserve it.
I do hope you get a replacement or refund. Stores shouldn’t sell dirty items.

amother
Dill

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:32 pm
That is frustrating!
Are you sure you didn't make it dirty? Let's judge everyone favorably!

happy chick

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:36 pm
I once bought a torn baby hat in Jewish store and when I went back, the owner looked at me a bit sideways and said "but you know, it's Yiddish gelt."

I'm sorry, say what now?!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:45 pm
momX4 wrote:
Unless it comes damaged. I purchased a top that was final sale from Banana Republic. It came damaged. The packaging tape got stuck to the shirt and destroyed it.

I called customer service. They checked stock, emailed me a return label and shipped out a replacement.

See? This is a NORMAL store. Nordstrom's, Macys, Bon Marche, Lord and Taylor (I miss them!), Sax 5th Avenue - these stores always do what is best for the customer, because they know that with a good reputation, they will have repeat customers. Even online stores like Shein and Next have amazing return policies.

Whenever a business thinks they can cut corners or pull shtick with customers, they should remember the golden rule: If you get a good haircut, you tell a few friends, and you come back to the same salon. If you get a bad haircut, you tell everyone you know, never set foot in the salon again, and ask your friends to not go their either.

Stores with bad customer service don't seem to be able to see past the end of their nose, never mind what's in the best long term interest for their stores. Then they cry when their store goes out of business, and blame it on location, cost of overhead, manufacturing, or other things. I'm willing to bet that if the customer service was excellent, that all the other issues would resolve on their own.

When you look at it that way, a store fighting you about a baby blanket (that they probably bought for pennies, imported from China) is a really stupid move on their part.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:48 pm
momX4 wrote:

I'm not talking about department stores. I'm meant local stores.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:50 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
See? This is a NORMAL store. Nordstrom's, Macys, Bon Marche, Lord and Taylor (I miss them!), Sax 5th Avenue - these stores always do what is best for the customer, because they know that with a good reputation, they will have repeat customers. Even online stores like Shein and Next have amazing return policies.

Whenever a business thinks they can cut corners or pull shtick with customers, they should remember the golden rule: If you get a good haircut, you tell a few friends, and you come back to the same salon. If you get a bad haircut, you tell everyone you know, never set foot in the salon again, and ask your friends to not go their either.

Stores with bad customer service don't seem to be able to see past the end of their nose, never mind what's in the best long term interest for their stores. Then they cry when their store goes out of business, and blame it on location, cost of overhead, manufacturing, or other things. I'm willing to bet that if the customer service was excellent, that all the other issues would resolve on their own.

When you look at it that way, a store fighting you about a baby blanket (that they probably bought for pennies, imported from China) is a really stupid move on their part.

I don't call it bad customer service when the store policy is that they don't service sale items. Everyone knows this before buying and it's our own choice wether to buy the item or not.

First Lady

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:56 pm
I don't call it bad customer service when the store policy is that they don't service sale items. Everyone knows this before buying and it's our own choice wether to buy the item or not.

You're talking about regular brand new and clean items here. But this item was dirty! A store should not have sold or shipped a dirty item in the first place. If they did, they should own up to it and replace it, final sale or not.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:57 pm

Nobody should be selling damaged or soiled items at all, sale or otherwise. This is especially true if you are ordering online, and don't have the opportunity to inspect every single item in person.

OP said that she ordered these items. They should come sealed in the original packaging, and in new condition.

If the store wants to run a "Damaged and Stained Sale", that's a very different story. No one goes online and orders things, expecting them to arrive in poor condition.

Some stores will even take back damaged items, and then just put them right back into inventory or on the rack for the next unsuspecting customer. How is that ethical?

This is why I never shop in local stores, unless I can inspect every single inch of the item.

tweety1

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:02 pm
First Lady wrote:
You're talking about regular brand new and clean items here. But this item was dirty! A store should not have sold or shipped a dirty item in the first place. If they did, they should own up to it and replace it, final sale or not.

Well said. Exactly so.

CPenzias

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:03 pm
[quote="amother [ Dill ]"]That is frustrating!
Are you sure you didn't make it dirty? Let's judge everyone favorably![/quote
For judging everyone favorably, you just judged the op

CPenzias

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:05 pm
Op I'd let them know that they can either send you a new clean one, refund you or expect you to dispute
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics