Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Im seriously shocked!! such bad customer service....
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:09 pm
Unless the seller disclosed the damage/uncleanliness prior to the sale, the item is assumed to be clean and undamaged, and the transaction is made on that condition.

Last edited by chanatron1000 on Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:09 pm
First Lady wrote:
You're talking about regular brand new and clean items here. But this item was dirty! A store should not have sold or shipped a dirty item in the first place. If they did, they should own up to it and replace it, final sale or not.

OP did not hear back from the store yet. Maybe they'll take the item back.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:27 pm
As someone that works for a yiddish clothing store I feel the need to point out the other side. Not talking about the OP I would definitely offer a replacement or a discount for stained merchandise (although you should consider that it might have gotten stained in transit I don’t think anybody would intentionally sell a stained blanket)
Now to all the other posters complaining about big chain stores having better return policies please remember that we cannot afford to do the things that they do.
Many people get upset that we are not as accommodating as say Zara where you have 30 days to make a return. As a consumer also like when stores have a long return window, but try to see it from the business owners perspective. Let’s say we get our winter line before rosh hoshana if we would accept returns 30 days later customers can bring it back after sukkos when our stuff is already going on sale. Another reason is that unlike the big chain stores we have limited quantity of each item. if you keep it in your house for a month people might come in for it and we tell them it is sold out and then we get it back at the end of the season when we can’t sell it.
Sorry for the long post, it’s something I wanted to say for a while.

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:31 pm
happy chick wrote:
I once bought a torn baby hat in Jewish store and when I went back, the owner looked at me a bit sideways and said "but you know, it's Yiddish gelt."

I'm sorry, say what now?!
what did she mean that you're taking away her money?

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:40 pm
This is why I'm wary of shopping local. The customer service is poor. Small business owners love to complain, but if you open a small business you know what you are getting into. If you don't want to deal with customers and have decent customer service why don't you find a different job?

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:44 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
This is why I'm wary of shopping local. The customer service is poor. Small business owners love to complain, but if you open a small business you know what you are getting into. If you don't want to deal with customers and have decent customer service why don't you find a different job?

Most poor store policies are a direct result of poor customer behavior. People behave very entitled and take advantage of good customer service then complain bitterly when the store changes their policy (because of them.)

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:46 pm
I live in the Midwest and my experience has been the exact opposite. The Jewish stores here have EXCEPTIONAL service. I had an issue with a dress that I bought (on sale) that tore on the seam after only wearing it 2 times. I brought it back and the store owner right away admitted that there was a defect in the sewing and repaired it free of charge. I am thrilled to give them the business. Really had a great experience with every local Jewish store here

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 6:10 pm
Latte, there is a middle ground. I'm not asking for 30 day returns. But, I would like 2 to 3 days return. I would like my money refunded to the way I paid. I don't need a store credit that expires in 30 days, cannot be used on new merchandise or sale merchandise for an item I returned the next day ...

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 6:36 pm
amother [ Quince ] wrote:
Most poor store policies are a direct result of poor customer behavior. People behave very entitled and take advantage of good customer service then complain bitterly when the store changes their policy (because of them.)

Obviously both sides have their issues. However, Jewish small business have high prices and poor customer service. People do feel entitled when they are paying a premium. And store owners love to play victim and cry how they are mistreated, people don't shop by them etc. I spend my money where I think I will get the best value...and at this point it's typically not at the locals shops.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 6:47 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
Obviously both sides have their issues. However, Jewish small business have high prices and poor customer service. People do feel entitled when they are paying a premium. And store owners love to play victim and cry how they are mistreated, people don't shop by them etc. I spend my money where I think I will get the best value...and at this point it's typically not at the locals shops.

Department stores also charge alot on brand names and good quality items. Poor store policies are a direct result from customer behavior & not because they want to make it harder for people and turn people away. It's understandable that if they have limited quantities of an item, they need to have strict return policies. There was a time that Zara didn't accept returns from certain zip codes, I don't need to tell you why.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 10:19 pm

THIS
When our policies are abused, changes must be made that affect everybody even the nice customers.
I also want to add that the nicer you treat us the nicer we will treat you. I’d much rather make an exception to our policy for a customer that is polite than someone that acts entitled

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 10:26 pm
I don't call it bad customer service when the store policy is that they don't service sale items. Everyone knows this before buying and it's our own choice wether to buy the item or not.

I understand that if you buy in person and can look over the item. But if you buy online you expect an item that isn't damaged or ripped.

I'm sorry final sale means that the items doesn't have a warranty. You still should get a new, unused, and not damaged item - Not that they can give you a faulty item.

Reality

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 10:34 pm
Women's clothing stores have it hard. Women try shirts on and get make-up on them and put it back on the rack.

I was in a shell store in Flatbush last year and I noticed that one of the light colored shells I wanted to buy had foundation all over the neck area. I hadn't tried on anything and I wasn't wearing any makeup. I pointed it out to the owner, he sighed and said he'd give it to me free because he can't sell something that's dirty or washed.

I took it washed it and wear it happily. But no way I would have paid full price for it!

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 10:42 pm
OP, would this type of response have worked for you?

"We're so sorry to hear that the blanket you received was dirty! That should not have happened, these are new and unused products.

As these are last sale items, we do not have more in stock to replace the damaged one you received. Can you try to wash the blanket and see if the stain comes out? If it does not, we will fully refund you for the product.

Either way, please accept this 10% off coupon towards any future purchases with us, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration."

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 10:53 pm
For a dirty item, she should receive a full refund and a discount on the next purchase as an apology.

But people who sell used dirty stuff to others are probably crooks anyway and will try to not pay so she should dispute the charge.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 10:55 pm
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
For a dirty item, she should receive a full refund and a discount on the next purchase as an apology.

But people who sell used dirty stuff to others are probably crooks anyway and will try to not pay so she should dispute the charge.

Why do you assume that they did this deliberately?

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:00 pm
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
THIS
When our policies are abused, changes must be made that affect everybody even the nice customers.
I also want to add that the nicer you treat us the nicer we will treat you. I’d much rather make an exception to our policy for a customer that is polite than someone that acts entitled

I'm probably what you would call a nice customer. I don't buy 12 outfits at a time and return 11 of them three weeks later (including one that has obviously been worn). I buy what I need and only return it in case of a problem. And I imagine that most shoppers are like me.

But you're never going to meet me because I won't shop in a store with super restrictive return policies.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:00 pm
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
That is frustrating!
Are you sure you didn't make it dirty? Let's judge everyone favorably!

Do you work in one of these stores?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:12 pm
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
THIS

If you can't afford to run a decent store and still have good profit margins, then maybe you're in the wrong business.

You can't pick and choose which customers you want to be nice to. The customer who is stressed out might be the one who is in the most need of a little kindness that day. Just breaking the rules for people you like is incredibly unfair and unprofessional.

I'm a very nonconfrontational person, and always try to take the friendly approach whenever possible. What if you decide you don't like something about me, or if you are having a bad day? I should suffer for that?

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:25 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
Why do you assume that they did this deliberately?

Because of their answer, they seem to have no shame.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics