Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cheapest place to buy toilet paper, paper towels, tissues...

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:14 pm
I think toilet paper, paper towels, and tissues are literally one of our biggest shopping expenses. Where's the cheapest place to get from? We don't need top quality, but need decent...

torquoise

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:18 pm
I don't know if these are the absolute cheapest, but this is where we've found the best deals. (We live out of town.)
Paper towels - Costco Kirkland brand
Toilet paper and tissues - Amazon subscribe and save

You can also try Target. If you order with a Red Card you get 5% off and free shipping.

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:43 pm
Thank you, I have to look into those. For amazon, is there a particular brand that you use subscribe and save for?

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:41 pm
Walmart. Their Great Value brand is excellent. Tissues as good as Kleenex, paper towels as good as Bounty.

mommy2x

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:45 pm
Librarian wrote:
Walmart. Their Great Value brand is excellent. Tissues as good as Kleenex, paper towels as good as Bounty.

I was going to say this. I don't know about their toilet paper but I think the cottonelle I buy there is a good price. I either get great value or scotties tissues in Walmart. The scotties there are 88 cents a box and are great! The great values are a bit more expensive than that but still pretty cheap. We use great value paper towels and they are amazing! Very comparable to bounty.

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:48 pm
Also Great Value silver foil is almost as good as Reynolds. I love Walmart!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:52 pm
definitely Costco if you have a membership - they ship also, or Amazon if you don't. I also like subscribe and save!

shanarishona

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:56 pm
I like sams club but don’t know how it compares price wise

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:08 pm
Librarian wrote:

This is what I buy but I find it to still be so much:(

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:16 pm
41793371 wrote:
This is what I buy but I find it to still be so much:(

Yes, it all adds up. My friend tells me she does very well with household staples in the Dollar Store.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:19 pm
Amazon. And I’d you happen to be on Snapnor Medicaid, you can get amazon Prime for half price

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 9:12 pm
Walmart is so underrated! Best products, quality is much more than you'd expect for the price. Delivery options are great - free delivery without having to spend much and it comes so quickly.
Some things I buy in Walmart:
Diapers / pull ups
wipes
paper towels / toilet paper
napkins / tissues
silver foil, parchment paper, ziploc bags
Detergent
baby jars / pouches
body wash, qtips, bandaids, deoderant
Oh, and did I mention food? Pasta, ketchup, spices, cereals, tea, coffee, oil, oatmeal.....

Don't have time to write more but you get the idea.

SingALong

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 12:13 am
Another vote for Amazon subscribe and save. Even if the price is a bit more than Costco or Walmart, I’m saving $ by not going into the store and ending up impulse buying and getting stuff that I wasn’t planning on buying.
I also use a lot of washable microfiber cloths to clean instead of paper towels. It can be cheaper since you reuse it. I still have paper towel but try to use the cloths as much as I can

petals

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 2:53 am
Bingo

Oldest

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:41 am
Another vote for Walmart! Their prices are super cheap and the quality of their store brand is 100% comparable!

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:52 am
Walmart or Aldi if you live near one. I go to Aldi specifically for these items. Also go there for cereal, orange juice and eggs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics