Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Bar mitzvah planning help Flatbush

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:05 am
Can anyone help me? I'm making a bar mitzvah I'h. I have no idea where to start planning/booking etc.can anyone recommend a nice reasonable hall, photographer, one man band so I have what to start with?
Also, best place for invitations, tefillin bag, suit, hat etc...
Can you tell it's my first?!? And that I'm really overwhelmed?!
TIA!

BH5

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:59 am
Merkaz Hasimcha...great food...very nice manager...walk in level and decently priced

nicole81

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 12:23 pm
Print mall in bp is my go to place for invitations

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 12:35 pm
Adart press is great for invitations and benchers. Chaim Berlin is a great hall with amazing food. Hatbox has suits, hats, shirts, and shoes. You could get a tefillin bag from Eichlers.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 12:38 pm
Thanks! Keep them coming!
Anyone here make a bar mitzvah in young Israel Ave k? I'd love to hear your experience there...

yamz

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 1:01 pm
OP, it would help if you define "reasonable." What's your total budget? What are your priorities? Is it more important for your family to have beautiful clothing, a great photographer, a hall that is slightly more upscale or bigger? Or do you want to do it as cheaply as possible?

If you want to keep costs from skyrocketing, you obviously can't have the best of everything. So you choose which items are most important to you, and you you do the best you can with the rest. There's no right answer here, by the way. Some people care more about clothes, some care more about the venue, or the music. Some want really nice benchers and invitations. But if you let us know what you care most about, we can direct you accordingly.
For instance, you asked about Young Israel of Ave K, and someone suggested Merkaz Hasimcha. Merkaz Hasimcha is probably a lot more reasonable, but while not "super fancy" Ave K is definitely more upscale. How important is the venue going to be? The price difference will be a few thousand dollars. So you need to decide....

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 1:15 pm
csi wrote:
Merkaz Hasimcha...great food...very nice manager...walk in level and decently priced

I second this. Going to be making my own bar mitzvah there soon iyh.
I don't have experience as a baal simcha at Young Israel of ave k but as a guest I was not impressed. The food is very fancy but not plentiful and not necessarily tasty. The setup of the room is also not so great. Usually the boys are put behind the speaker and that lends itself to inappropriate behavior from the not-yet mature enough boys.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone here make a bar mitzvah in young Israel Ave k? I'd love to hear your experience there...

We made 2 Bar Mitzvahs at YI of Avenue K. The Feureisens are a pleasure to work with and a real class act. Their food is beautifully presented and tastes even better. We got so many compliments from people who said that this was a rare simcha where they actually liked the food. That said, there are cheaper places, so if you're on a tight budget, Chaim Berlin or Merkaz Hasimcha will definitely cost you less.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 3:24 pm
The Vue on Nostrand is great!They do the catering, tablecloths, plus they give you names of photographers and DJ.

The food is amazing, we got lots of compliments !

They make it so easy, you just choose what you want and show up for the party!

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 5:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes I did. It’s the most elegant and well done place in Brooklyn, in my opinion. We had a gorgeous sushi bar, passing waiters with elegant hors douvres, the actual dinner in a separate room and floor from the cocktail hour… just all around elegant.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 11:30 pm
I agree with if you have the budget the feuereisens of yik are great, they treat their customers amazing
They can also guide you to all other areas of making a bar mitzvah- invitations, benchers, photographer etc!

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 2:21 am
It would be helpful if you let us know what kind of budget your working with so we can give better ideas.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 2:30 am
Thanks everyone for your input. So I looked into pricing And young Israel of Ave k is definitely a lot more expensive than Chaim Berlin. Although we could technically afford it, we are simple people that don't want to do anything considered fancier in our circles.
What other hall is comparable to chaim Berlin price wise? Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries