Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Concerta and insomnia - help!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 4:00 am
DD - 8 years old, started concerta today. I didn’t call her teachers yet to see if they noticed a difference (DD claims she didn’t see any difference, she said she was talking during class more than ever 🙄) I gave it to her early, before school. It’s not 4:00 AM and she’s been up. All. Night. I’m going nuts. I tried giving her melatonin, didn’t help. She also said she feels like her body is on fire. Will call the doc in the morning but does this sound normal? What can I do to help her sleep?? Which medications don’t have insomnia as a side effect? TIA!

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 4:15 am
Many kids have sleep issues with concerta. Either the child adjusts, or after a few weeks the Dr will decide if the side effects are overshadowing the benefits.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 7:38 am
There are multiple medications that help with add ADHD. Maybe speak to her doctor about switching to another one.
I started on Adderall but I was acting crazy on it that after two days I was pulled and switched meds.

Then I started concerta and took that for 4-5 years on and off.

I've always had sleep issues but not usually as bad as your daughter. Not sure if mine were related to the concerta or not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)